Old 5th August 2015, 03:34 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
I can't even test other walk speeds for lack of a controller.
The run speeds and acceleration work well if adjusted cleanly enough,but I can't remember what values I used.
One issue,the last line is EE when it should be 812653EA instead,you messed up the alignment in that one address.

I do have a 60fps code for SM64DS as well that I found quickly today.

SM64DS v1.1 (U)

Sixty Frames
0208D6DC 00000001
It sadly acts just like the SM64 one but tends to lag more in some areas.
Only difference is that the main menu is natively 60fps on the DS,and that's how I found it so quickly.

For SM64,I think I am going to do a more direct approach via manual code hunting,wish me luck.
You can use modifications in nrage to control the axis of the controler position. Then you can hold an alternate button to slow mario down.

Let me know if that works. And thanks for spotting the error j will test it later.
Old 5th August 2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I can't even test other walk speeds for lack of a controller.
Use N-Rage modifiers to simulate analog movement, lets say you want to walk in Mario 64, add a modifier, then put: under "Assigned to" your key of preference (mine is left-shift), "Type" Move and "Parameter" X:15%/Y15%

@theboy181
This game is totally playable with FPS toggles, you just need to toggle 20FPS before you crawl and toggle 30FPS after you are done, that's why I asked how to hex edit the rom. Because its only possible when you are on 20FPS mode but in this mode the game keeps automatically switching to 20FPS every time you change a zone. By making 30FPS mode the default I wont have to re-enable 30FPS every time I change a zone and just switch to 20FPS when I had the necessity.

Oh, one more thing, how can I map a cheat to the D-Pad keys in OoT or it is not possible?

Last edited by Marcelo_20xx; 5th August 2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 5th August 2015, 05:41 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

About the OOT 60fps,I now know that it has proven itself even more gameplay worthless because you get stuck on Gohma's door and other spots when Deku Scrubs shoot at you because their shots explode immediately.
I had forgotten this unfortunate issue and it is too irritating to attempt any further on fixing this myself,sorry.

I am dedicated to finding the one code in SM64 that can fix all issues with 60fps.
All I need is what can be found in most Rare games like Banjo-Kazooie,Tooie and Conker,hopefully other games also have this one thing.
Old 5th August 2015, 09:30 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo_20xx View Post
Use N-Rage modifiers to simulate analog movement, lets say you want to walk in Mario 64, add a modifier, then put: under "Assigned to" your key of preference (mine is left-shift), "Type" Move and "Parameter" X:15%/Y15%

@theboy181
This game is totally playable with FPS toggles, you just need to toggle 20FPS before you crawl and toggle 30FPS after you are done, that's why I asked how to hex edit the rom. Because its only possible when you are on 20FPS mode but in this mode the game keeps automatically switching to 20FPS every time you change a zone. By making 30FPS mode the default I wont have to re-enable 30FPS every time I change a zone and just switch to 20FPS when I had the necessity.

Oh, one more thing, how can I map a cheat to the D-Pad keys in OoT or it is not possible?
Are you sure that the game is totally playable? Others would beg to differ. For example the deku sticks burn too quickly making it almost impossible to solve some of the dungeons, and some of the other physics (i only heard) prevent from progressing. I guess turning the game into a 20 fps via L button would work, but this doesn't seem like a solution to me. could you not map the function to 20 FPS when L is held and have 30fps when its not via cheat code?
Old 5th August 2015, 09:35 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
About the OOT 60fps,I now know that it has proven itself even more gameplay worthless because you get stuck on Gohma's door and other spots when Deku Scrubs shoot at you because their shots explode immediately.
I had forgotten this unfortunate issue and it is too irritating to attempt any further on fixing this myself,sorry.

I am dedicated to finding the one code in SM64 that can fix all issues with 60fps.
All I need is what can be found in most Rare games like Banjo-Kazooie,Tooie and Conker,hopefully other games also have this one thing.
This seems like a mystery.. what can be found in those games?????

Also, I had mentioned that the ability to copy the sign post cheat for SM64 to Zelda is there, at least with some (hearts, and rupees)of the objects. This could lead to better animation timings in Zelda. Its hard to tell if other objects freeze animation when you read a sign, AKA the deku nut explosions. Worth a shot..

For SM64 you think that there is a master code to fix the animation speeds? What are you thinking? thoughts please.. Mario looks super smooth in 60fps. .
Old 5th August 2015, 10:42 PM

Its totally playable, I haven't come to a gamestopping bug and I am at the water temple, its just annoying that the game keeps resseting the FPS to the default 20 (so that is why I need to hex edit the rom to make the 30FPS code permanent) , also I don't play on 60FPS (that is broken beyond fixing) but on 30FPS mode. The key is the following: If you find a bug, like retroben found the deku scrub's shots explode, just change to 20FPS mode before that part with a toggle (that's why I need to map cheats to the D-pad arrows and not use a key that the game is using) then after you pass that part you resume to 30FPS mode. Believe me its totally worthy, you can experience at last a fluid gameplay in OoT.

The deku sticks DOES burn fast, but it doesn't prevent you from finishing a particularly puzzle SINCE you can move faster too, so the game logic is at the same speed too, you only need to react more quickly...

The only thing that I found was in need of a code was the cycle between day and night, hopefully I found a timespeed modifier...

Last edited by Marcelo_20xx; 5th August 2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 6th August 2015, 12:10 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Its totally playable, I haven't come to a gamestopping bug and I am at the water temple, its just annoying that the game keeps resseting the FPS to the default 20 (so that is why I need to hex edit the rom to make the 30FPS code permanent) , also I don't play on 60FPS (that is broken beyond fixing) but on 30FPS mode. The key is the following: If you find a bug, like retroben found the deku scrub's shots explode, just change to 20FPS mode before that part with a toggle (that's why I need to map cheats to the D-pad arrows and not use a key that the game is using) then after you pass that part you resume to 30FPS mode. Believe me its totally worthy, you can experience at last a fluid gameplay in OoT.

The deku sticks DOES burn fast, but it doesn't prevent you from finishing a particularly puzzle SINCE you can move faster too, so the game logic is at the same speed too, you only need to react more quickly...

The only thing that I found was in need of a code was the cycle between day and night, hopefully I found a timespeed modifier...
interesting.. what happens to the jumping physics when you switch back to 20fps? and what consequences will happen to the pause screen when you use hex lock it to 30fps?
Old 6th August 2015, 12:20 AM

I haven't 30FPS hex locked the game yet (since I don't know how to find the hex address from the AR codes on N64 roms) but I finally made a Hold L key to go back to 20FPS mode when needed. But with the softlock 30FPS mode (via cheat entries) it doesn't happen anything bad when you enter the Pause Menu, also the crawling animation to enter Hyrule's Castle doesn't get you stuck (maybe we can study this code and made it function like this on the other crawling events, I mean make it automatic so Link doesn't have to manually crawl the holes).

When you switch to 20FPS you just jump higher and further, but I never use 20FPS beside for crawling, so its not a problem. One thing that needs desperately fixing is the jumping slash animation, its physics got screwed on 30FPS since you cant jump just high enough to hit anything and the enemies almost always hits you.

The Deku Scrubs shots doesn't explode on 30FPS it must be that 60FPS is too much for this game, so I have passed the first dungeon with no problems.

Overall I am enjoying replaying OoT at 30FPS...

Last edited by Marcelo_20xx; 6th August 2015 at 12:29 AM.
Old 6th August 2015, 01:44 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
I haven't 30FPS hex locked the game yet (since I don't know how to find the hex address from the AR codes on N64 roms) but I finally made a Hold L key to go back to 20FPS mode when needed. But with the softlock 30FPS mode (via cheat entries) it doesn't happen anything bad when you enter the Pause Menu, also the crawling animation to enter Hyrule's Castle doesn't get you stuck (maybe we can study this code and made it function like this on the other crawling events, I mean make it automatic so Link doesn't have to manually crawl the holes).

When you switch to 20FPS you just jump higher and further, but I never use 20FPS beside for crawling, so its not a problem. One thing that needs desperately fixing is the jumping slash animation, its physics got screwed on 30FPS since you cant jump just high enough to hit anything and the enemies almost always hits you.

The Deku Scrubs shots doesn't explode on 30FPS it must be that 60FPS is too much for this game, so I have passed the first dungeon with no problems.

Overall I am enjoying replaying OoT at 30FPS...

Run these two codes on Zelda OOT 1.0 and let me know how it works.

60 FPS part 1
801C6F2D 00D8
801C6FA1 0001

60fps part 2
D11C8680 0000
801C6F2D 009C
D11C8680 0000
801C6FA1 0003
D31C8680 0000
801C6F2D 00D8
D31C8680 0000
801C6FA1 0001
Old 6th August 2015, 01:57 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I confirmed that the rolling rock when you get the 1st sword can be stopped by reading the sign. This would mean that the slow animation code from SM64 could be used to slow down important animations.. might even work for the deku sticks.

retroben.

the code I listed above has some weird effects.. it makes all teh cut scenes play at 20 fps, but the game play is at 60fps..
\
thoughts?