Old 28th September 2011, 01:21 AM

Default trouble with the top gear rally

The games works perfectly but have an issues, the sound stops, the grapphics are good but the smop views bad.
Old 28th September 2011, 02:26 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Use zilmar's Audio Plugin, (Search for "Zilmar_Audio.dll" if need be.) based on his "Basic Audio Plugin" project compiled to demonstrate the plugin specifications he designed for N64 emulators to detect plugins.

It's an experimental, demonstration-purpose LLE sound plugin that has a prebuffer slider in the audio plugin configuration. Turn that all the way down to the left to force the crackling away in Top Gear Rally.

Aside from this rare-case type of thing though the plugin isn't that needed since it's LLE and not really as fast as Azimer's audio code.
Old 28th September 2011, 08:26 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Turn that all the way down to the left to force the crackling away in Top Gear Rally.
is it just me that this doesnt work for? ive been trying to get sound in tgr for 9 years :P
Old 28th September 2011, 04:02 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Nah, it's Project64's fault. Forgot to mention you need to use Mupen64 for this to work.

With Project64 you do hear audio with this plugin but only for like the first split second of the emulation thread, unless you have prebuffering set up higher.
Old 28th September 2011, 04:36 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Forgot to mention you need to use Mupen64 for this to work.
Additionally, I've found that my separate install of Mupen64 had extremely glitched (but, working) audio with this game, while the localized installation on my flash drive had nearly perfect audio with Top Gear Rally. This difference was caused by the fact that I left the "No audio delay" compatibility option turned off in the emulator advanced settings, so make sure that's not enabled. The "No compiled jump" will not affect the sound, only the speed.
Old 28th September 2011, 06:51 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Yep. Always a way to get the sound optimally working in every commercial N64 game, according to the testing and research done by many testers.

The only N64 game in existence that you can never get the sound working:
King Hill 64: Extreme Snowboarding (Japan) /
Twisted Edge Extreme Snowboarding (USA)

A few games crash when using almost any sound plugins though there are escapes, but this game has survived to be the only one that no one in the emulation scene has announced a working configuration to get sound working. (Boss Game Studios keeps using reverse-engineered custom microcodes and shit for their games, but this is the only one where they did that for sound ucode.) So currently the most logical thing to do is to use zilmar's No Sound, since it pretty much emulates absolutely everything except sound output XD. It might not always be the fastest sound plugin, but it's still an accurate choice.