Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 31st May 2013, 01:03 AM

Default I can't play Pokemon Snap

I honestly don't get what's wrong. In my previous computer (which was quite a bit worse than this one), I had absolutely no problem playing it. Now? Can't play it at all.

I've tried both 1.6 and 2.0/2.1, both with entirely different problems. In 1.6, by selecting the whole save to buffer thing so the pictures show, the game runs ridiculously slow (while working just fine without it, but being unplayable because the pics don't show). In 2.X, it goes ridiculously fast, even with the speed limiter. In fact, it hits over 500 VIs (whatever those are) without it, and runs around 100 with it.

I can do with some help, so, please?
Old 31st May 2013, 02:41 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Because 2.x tries to sync to the audio speed.

If you have no sound output device or use zilmar's No Sound plugin the speed is totally unlimited by the programming.

Not sure what else would be responsible? It's not likely you're using his No Sound plugin, so I don't know.
Old 31st May 2013, 04:16 AM

I'm using my monitor for audio output (as my speakers broke), but it definitely is working for that (I can hear the audio from the game, as sped up as it is). I'm not using the No Sound plugin, I checked, and sync to audio is on.
Old 31st May 2013, 07:03 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Try turning it off
Old 1st June 2013, 11:16 PM

Well, I tried changing it to no sound and disabling sync with audio, and the results are...glitchy. It seems to immediatly return to its previous configuration, but the sound is completely turned off and won't turn on again. It didn't fix anything, too...
Old 27th June 2013, 10:20 PM

I'm getting the same problem here. The only way to get the game running at roughly average speed is by enabling software rendering. Other than that, no matter how I change settings, it keeps running insanely fast (100 VI/s minimum), rendering it unplayable.
Old 28th June 2013, 01:19 AM

Using Shunyuan's audio plugin in LLE mode with both Fix Audio Timing and Sync using Audio, the game runs at the proper speed. Only issue is, again, the photos do not display unless you check Read Every Frame on Glide64, which results in terrible framerates. Using Shunyuan's SoftGraphic plugin also works AND it actually makes the red dot appear when you center on a Pokemon, but that is also quite slow.
Old 28th June 2013, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPDP View Post
Using Shunyuan's audio plugin in LLE mode with both Fix Audio Timing and Sync using Audio, the game runs at the proper speed. Only issue is, again, the photos do not display unless you check Read Every Frame on Glide64, which results in terrible framerates. Using Shunyuan's SoftGraphic plugin also works AND it actually makes the red dot appear when you center on a Pokemon, but that is also quite slow.
Which plugin are you talking about? The only one I found was HLE, and the only option available to check was "reverse stereo". Moreover, it had absolutely no different effect than the default plugin...
Old 28th June 2013, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansatsuken View Post
Which plugin are you talking about? The only one I found was HLE, and the only option available to check was "reverse stereo". Moreover, it had absolutely no different effect than the default plugin...
Here is my current setup on PJ64 2.1:

Video: Glide64 Final
Audio: Shunyuan's HLE Audio 1.7.1u5
RSP: Iconoclast's SP Interpreter (MLE)

Use High Level GFX checked (shouldn't matter though since Glide64 is HLE only)
Use High Level Audio unchecked

On the ROM settings, Fixed Audio Timing and Sync using Audio are unchecked.

The game runs at a constant 60 VI/s with these settings.
Old 28th June 2013, 02:01 PM

Now that's something. I tried unchecking Fixed Audio Timing and Sync using Audio, and it worked, with the default plugins... odd, I must say, but thanks for your help anyway, GPDP.