Old 11th February 2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Tell me what you have done, to improve N64 emulation.
Have a good read:
nobeliefsDOTcom/fallacies.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
And your method is even more tedious if I'm fat, weigh 3,000 pounds and can't get up to use a computer without a wireless controller. Real men use keyboards.
Wow, controllers give much more precision than keyboards for virtually every genre other than FPS. Oh, I guess I'm not a 'real man' then?

Last edited by damoose; 11th February 2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11th February 2015, 08:54 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by damoose View Post
Wow, now I understand why this emulator hasn't moved ahead the past decade.
Coming from a guy who has done nothing significant (if anything at all) for n64 emulation.

Quote:
There's no reason to act the way you do, it's just unjust entitlement.
I could say the same for this post...

Quote:
Have a good read:
nobeliefsDOTcom/fallacies.htm
Lol so you got nothing good to say .
Old 11th February 2015, 08:57 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Controllers don't have any more precision than a keyboard has; they just require less programming to have precision. In my case I only need to use Shift and/or Alt to alter the sensitivity of the control stick, and the buttons have no "precision"--they're either on or off. Non-keyboard controllers just suck frankly; they were a distraction and I play better with a keyboard.
Old 24th February 2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Coming from a guy who has done nothing significant (if anything at all) for n64 emulation.

I could say the same for this post...

Lol so you got nothing good to say .

So you didn't read or you didn't comprehend what I told you? damn...
"argument from authority (argumentum ad verecundiam): using the words of an "expert" or authority as the bases of the argument instead of using the logic or evidence that supports an argument. (e.g., Professor so-and-so believes in creation-science.) Simply because an authority makes a claim does not necessarily mean he got it right. If an arguer presents the testimony from an expert, look to see if it accompanies reason and sources of evidence behind it."

Now stop resorting to fallacies, just stop. It doesn't substitute, it's not how you have a proper conversation.
Old 24th February 2015, 10:12 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
So you didn't read or you didn't comprehend what I told you? damn...
"argument from authority (argumentum ad verecundiam): using the words of an "expert" or authority as the bases of the argument instead of using the logic or evidence that supports an argument. (e.g., Professor so-and-so believes in creation-science.) Simply because an authority makes a claim does not necessarily mean he got it right. If an arguer presents the testimony from an expert, look to see if it accompanies reason and sources of evidence behind it."

Now stop resorting to fallacies, just stop. It doesn't substitute, it's not how you have a proper conversation.
This has nothing to do with authority . This is about you criticizing others for goofing off, when you've done little to nothing good, yourself. You sound like some entitled hypocrite who just whines about other people goofing off, while doing nothing good, themselves. FYI, this emulator has improved over the last decade.

End users not even once .
Old 25th February 2015, 12:57 AM
Project Supporter

You are literally using a fallacy yourself (look at the straw man in your own link), you think you are superior to people that post dumb shit for the fun of it and think your wanna be high horse post makes you so much better than everyone here. RPGMasters point is totally valid, if you have time to bitch about people doing actual work why don't you use that time to do something useful yourself? And do you really think that a few posts some make for the heck of it detriment from actual work being done? Notwithstanding that some of the people that posted here are just forum regulars that have nothing to do with the project?
Old 10th March 2015, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1del View Post
You are literally using a fallacy yourself (look at the straw man in your own link), you think you are superior to people that post dumb shit for the fun of it and think your wanna be high horse post makes you so much better than everyone here. RPGMasters point is totally valid, if you have time to bitch about people doing actual work why don't you use that time to do something useful yourself? And do you really think that a few posts some make for the heck of it detriment from actual work being done? Notwithstanding that some of the people that posted here are just forum regulars that have nothing to do with the project?
I never said I am superior for X reason, I never said I'm thinking that either.

Also me using fallacies doesn't neglect my argument whatsoever.

And it's not a 'few posts', it's threads full of shit instead and laughing at them within their own little circlejerk because they feel superior than others.

But I've got my proof. Pj64 is shit. And hasn't gotten any improvements over a decade.

So you can stay in denial all you want, but I think this thread is proof enough.

Whatever I tend to do with my freetime doesn't neglect my statement. It's irrelevant.
Old 10th March 2015, 05:45 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
But I've got my proof. Pj64 is shit. And hasn't gotten any improvements over a decade.
Being able to see the HUD in Kirby isn't an improvement ?

Please go..
Old 19th May 2015, 09:49 AM

Guys, look, this was a suggestion to adress a minor bug in PJ64, so there is no point in argueing about it.

PJ64 is one of the programs that I use the most in windows, along with steam, so I do care about making it as good as possible.

Is it a critical bug? No. Is it a valid suggestion? Yes.