Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 1st October 2014, 07:16 AM
Project Supporter

@RPG I literally said this like a hundred times but here goes
  • 64bit recompiler, general portability enhancements of everything, including plugins and an unified way of handling everything (hence no zil spec, because everything is more integrated, there's a single config file in which every plugin writes its options, plugins don't have to provide their own gui because this can all be handled in the core)
  • Core fixes (DK64 runs, a metric shitton of fixes everywhere with addition of the CF hack) - I'd argue the only games still having problems are the ones that are a pain on PJ64 too, like WDC and Rogue Squadron
  • As noted above, expansion pack toggle
  • HLE Musyx :P

Retroarch is mupen64plus integrated into their structure, but they really have more or less a own way of integrating everything, so they have handpicked the plugins they support. Which are as follows
  • Glide64mk2, Rice, gln64es(from androidport), preliminary (from what I know nonfunctional) port of hatcats ogl angrylion
  • mupen64plus-hle and HatCats m64p port rsp
  • Own audio based on m64p sdl

Regarding the VI's im pretty sure there is an option to activate console logging of the VIs. Other than that most graphics plugins support displaying them (I know that there's an option in Glide to show a small overlay in the corner)

Last edited by V1del; 1st October 2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 1st October 2014, 07:51 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Thnx for the detailed response. I guess 64 bit recompiler is worthy of testing. I was mostly curious about game fixes, but you mention it still has issues with certain games I'm interested in running ;/ .

Rofl wow they still haven't finished their port of HatCat's fork ;/ .

Anyway, looks like I'll be doing some testing with mupen64plus. Lol if only I could get used to CLI and compiling with gcc .
Old 1st October 2014, 08:36 AM
Project Supporter

I'm not entirely sure on the status of rogue squadron, maybe its playable wdc isn't though as the core lacks the necessary cpu->rsp synchronization.

(Still the core fixes are pretty much a rewrite, thats a huge change compared to original mupen)

regarding retroarch's port, it likely isn't that high of a priority since they have a goal on running on as many platforms as possible and the biggest userbase probably coming from android wouldn't have that much of an enjoyable experience with a pixel-accurate sw plugin

But yeah, I should get off my lazy ass and start porting it over to m64p, but I'm currently flooded with school and work projects and with the release of smash for 3ds imminent I doubt I get to do anything on the plugin

As said in some other threads, VS project files are a thing and m64py is a pretty much feature complete GUI
Old 1st October 2014, 08:44 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1del View Post
I'm not entirely sure on the status of rogue squadron, maybe its playable wdc isn't though as the core lacks the necessary cpu->rsp synchronization.
both are fully playable on 2.1
Old 1st October 2014, 08:46 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

I browsed the code.google page yesterday, but saw that it was a year old ;/ . So I went to github, but my browser was giving me trouble so, I exited it . Hopefully the VS project files are included in the github package.

Well in that case, forget about the retroarch fork ;/ . Guess I'll have to try out M64py.

Honestly, I think you should wait a while before porting it anyway. HatCat says there's a lot of optimizations to do, so that + optimized RSP would give you 60fps for a good amount of games. You being busy also makes it less worthwhile to do atm.
Old 1st October 2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsx_ View Post
both are fully playable on 2.1
Can you post the settings and plugins you use to make Rogue Squadron work? I managed to make WDC work but Rogue Squadron still gives me trouble. Also, in what state it works, i forgot to ask since that's kind of important :P
Old 1st October 2014, 09:03 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

rogue squadron works with the default plugins and my RDB in the other thread except you'll need zilmar's RSP 1.7.0.3 or hatcat's RSP
Old 1st October 2014, 09:07 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasoulis View Post
Can you post the settings and plugins you use to make Rogue Squadron work? I managed to make WDC work but Rogue Squadron still gives me trouble. Also, in what state it works, i forgot to ask since that's kind of important :P
The menu is messed up, with Pixel accurate plugin, on Pj64 2.1. I usually just load a save state, although the audio is usually broken after loading a save state . I just don't know whether pj64 plays it too slow, or if 1964 0.85 plays it too fast.

Oh boy, right now I'm juggling 3 different things ;/ . Fixing up emulator(s), improving RSP, and trying to improve gfx ;/ . Rofl after testing that ai byte count setting, I have the urge to fix emulator core more now. It's a shame I can't even listen to Quest64's audio properly without having to use a 3rd party audio plugin.

Edit: Wow, just realised there's different versions of Rogue Squadron. Anyone know the differences?
Old 1st October 2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsx_ View Post
rogue squadron works with the default plugins and my RDB in the other thread except you'll need zilmar's RSP 1.7.0.3 or hatcat's RSP
Thanks. Its glitchy but it works :P

Shunyuan's audio plugin also seems to work better than the default one.

One last question, Hatcat's RSP is the one listed as "static interpreter"?
Old 1st October 2014, 09:17 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasoulis View Post
Thanks. Its glitchy but it works :P

One last question, Hatcat's RSP is the one listed as "static interpreter"?
yes.

Edit: Looks like that load state problem only happens due to audio plugin (azimer's).

Last edited by RPGMaster; 1st October 2014 at 09:22 AM.