Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasoulis View Post
Thanks. Its glitchy but it works :P
ya

thats why i have one of these

(well, 4)
Old 1st October 2014, 09:22 AM

Hey, i also have 2 N64 consoles... first problem though is that i don't have the particular game and the second one is that both consoles (and all my games) are PAL versions.

I don't want to ever touch a PAL version game, ever again. I mean EVER :P
Old 1st October 2014, 09:23 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasoulis View Post
I don't want to ever touch a PAL version game, ever again. I mean EVER :P
yeah most PAL versions are problematic
Old 1st October 2014, 09:35 AM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsx_ View Post
both are fully playable on 2.1
I know, I''m talking about m64p
Old 1st October 2014, 09:44 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1del View Post
I know, I''m talking about m64p
woops sorry
Old 1st October 2014, 08:31 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I replied to Mupen64Plus in attempts to help them implement what zilmar did for recycling the same RSP task after sync CP0 registers on the RSP. They have not figured it out, so Project64 2.1 is needed.

RetroArch/Mupen64Plus have inherited m64p's corrupted VI_Y_SCALE_REG, so without a Y-scale factor there is no way to show the frame buffer on the screen through the VI. Yet again I would rather continue to use actual Mupen64 by Hacktarux.
Old 3rd October 2014, 08:45 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Man gfx plugins really need some work done! All this work on RSP and I realize a good portion of the games I want to play don't even work well on any LLE gfx plugin ;/ . Either too glitchy or too slow ._. Probably the most ideal situation for me would be to fix up z64gl, but that might be too difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
I replied to Mupen64Plus in attempts to help them implement what zilmar did for recycling the same RSP task after sync CP0 registers on the RSP. They have not figured it out, so Project64 2.1 is needed.

RetroArch/Mupen64Plus have inherited m64p's corrupted VI_Y_SCALE_REG, so without a Y-scale factor there is no way to show the frame buffer on the screen through the VI. Yet again I would rather continue to use actual Mupen64 by Hacktarux.
Lol these facts you stated are sad ;/ . Looks like I'll stick with PJ64 and 1964 for now.
Old 3rd October 2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Man gfx plugins really need some work done! All this work on RSP and I realize a good portion of the games I want to play don't even work well on any LLE gfx plugin ;/ . Either too glitchy or too slow ._. Probably the most ideal situation for me would be to fix up z64gl, but that might be too difficult.

Lol these facts you stated are sad ;/ . Looks like I'll stick with PJ64 and 1964 for now.
I'd like to burst your bubbles. 1964 does not play in sync over kaillera with many games, and it's the least stable emulator online even Nemu64 is better than 1964. And before you would like to state more inaccurate assumptions I have tested the emulator between my self and other people.

Mupen64++ has the highest compatibility game sync rate online. Project64k is very low, only able to play Mario Kart 64 (Which it doesn't emulate properly with 3+ players) and Super Smash bros (and the SM64MP Hack designed for it).

Project64k is an evolved form of the 1964 netplay as it handles Audio sync problems, and Mupen64k (then renamed mupen64++) is an entirely different take on the Kaillera Netplay method. Mupen64++ was going to be the most optimal and best preforming N64 Kaillera supported emulator but sadly it was done in a time before Github
Old 3rd October 2014, 07:35 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Sounds like you're not talking about 1964 1.1. I actually forgot to mention I modified 1964 1.1 a bit before playing it online. Can't comment on Nemu as I'd never use that emulator for online play.

Lets get the facts straight. Pj64k was made in like 2001. Mupen64k was made in like 2005? 1964 1.1 was made in 2009. I don't mind if you think Mupen's better than 1964 (both have its pros and cons), but to say PJ64k handles audio sync problems is laughable.

The reason I highly doubt you've tried 1964 1.1 netplay is the fact that it has a major flaw, that you never pointed out. Once tweaked, I think it's the best one. People are either too lazy or too dumb.

But if you want to talk about audio sync, one way to get stable netplay even on pj64k is to use a hardcore audio sync (which makes your fps drop below 60). That's the only time I believe I can play PJ64k without desync.

I know what I'm talkin about here. Most people didn't even know kaillera syncs saves. One awesome thing about 1964 1.1 is that it even syncs emulator settings, so that everyone is using the same settings.

Anyway, if you prefer Mupen for online play, that's fine with me. Just don't try and claim that pj64k is any good at all. Like literally there's no positive reason to using it. It's almost as slow as mupen, and way more likely to desync.

I admit, I'm basing my opinion of Mupen and 1964 off my experience, so maybe mupen still is actually a bit more stable than 1964 (desync wise), but from my experience I desync even less with 1964. My statements about PJ64k are facts though, because my tests have shown it's garbage.

One thing about kaillera is that it ruins the audio (sacrifices audio to decrease desynching). I like aqz, but I need to open my ports before I can really use it ;/ . Although I'm not sure which is more stable, kaillera or aqz.

The main argument for supporting PJ64k is gameshark codes, yet 1964 supports more gameshark codes. It's this kind of logic that made me stop caring about what other people use. Again I admit 1964 needs some tweaking, the netplay code is stable, but it was intended to be used with the old kaillera, so someone will have to make some changes. I could have done it by now, but i have little incentive due to how lazy / dumb a lot of people are. I'm fine with my tweaked version, as all I do is p2p and I know exactly what frame delay to use.
Old 3rd October 2014, 07:48 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= Smasherx74 =X= View Post
Mupen64++ was going to be the most optimal and best preforming N64 Kaillera supported emulator but sadly it was done in a time before Github
That has nothing to do with it.
okaygo never handed out the source code to anyone.

He did keep supporting open-source decisions for others. He said it himself that if he was zilmar, he would open-source Project64.

Alas, he had some hard drive failure or whatever, and lost his source to Mupen64++ and was unable to continue working on it. That's pretty much how Mupen64Plus even began.

It has nothing to do with Git or GitHub; he just let himself become a victim of laziness and hypocrisy.