Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 6th August 2016, 06:30 AM

Unhappy Desperately looking for a Majora's Mask Save File

I decided to pop my N64 back out the other day, and got half way through Majora's Mask (I finished the Snowhead Temple, and got the Guilded sword along with the bunny hat).

It's the first time I actually took the time to get every single fairy in both temples, and won the Goron race (took almost an hour just doing that) to get the gold dust for the fancy new sword so my gameplay time well exceeded 8 hours.

I woke up today to find that after properly saving the game with the owl statue the night before, for some reason EVERY SINGLE save file was gone when I started the N64 back up. After question my life decisions for a few hours, I finally decided to try Project 64 thinking there's no way that would mess up.

Well, I just finished beating the Woodfall temple (again collecting all the fairies), and as soon as I finished giving the Deku King his princess in the bottle, the game just crashed and I lost pretty much everything again.

At this point, if I can't find a save file with at least the Woodfall temple completed (I don't even care about the fairies anymore), I think my foray into the N64 world has come to a very bitter end.

I've research A LOT for a save file, and even came across one of the users' here save file flashed, along with a post he made with some code that basically would put me exactly where I want to be, but after downloading the Github repo, I have NO IDEA what I'm doing. I'm not a coder, I just want to play Zelda

I'm not even sure if this forum is active anymore, but can anyone please help me?
Old 7th August 2016, 08:38 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchase View Post
I've research A LOT for a save file, and even came across one of the users' here save file flashed, along with a post he made with some code that basically would put me exactly where I want to be, but after downloading the Github repo, I have NO IDEA what I'm doing. I'm not a coder, I just want to play Zelda
You're not supposed to download the GitHub repository unless you're trying to compile the program yourself. You just need to run the EXE.

I'm not sure at all what post you're referencing, so I think I'll just plug in a link to the download link post.

Quote:
I woke up today to find that after properly saving the game with the owl statue the night before, for some reason EVERY SINGLE save file was gone when I started the N64 back up. After question my life decisions for a few hours, I finally decided to try Project 64 thinking there's no way that would mess up.
Real N64 save chip hardware can lose its physical reliability to store the save bits without slight corruptions starting to happen after so many thousands of reads and writes. Eventually the game detects maybe one bit is wrong, and invalidates the whole save file as bad.

Quote:
I decided to pop my N64 back out the other day, and got half way through Majora's Mask (I finished the Snowhead Temple,
Code:
zs.exe savefile.fla -queststatus 0011
Have neither the boss masks for Stone Tower nor Great Bay temples, but do have the boss masks for the first two temples (Woodfall and Snowhead).

Quote:
and got the Guilded sword
Code:
zs.exe savefile.fla -Equipment 0x0013
Link has the Gilded Sword but still only the normal Hylian Shield.

Quote:
along with the bunny hat).
Code:
zs.exe savefile.fla -Items MASKS 1 2 0x39
Bunny Hood is now stored at (x, y) = (1, 2) in the Masks sub-screen. (Adjust if you like; the upper-left is (0, 0).)

Quote:
It's the first time I actually took the time to get every single fairy in both temples,
Selective stray fairy collection (exactly which ones found vs. missing) I have not yet implemented in the editor.

But just storing a count of 15 stray fairies for the 4 temples is easy:
Code:
zs.exe savefile.fla -fairies 0 15 -fairies 1 15 -fairies 2 15 -fairies 3 15
Quote:
and won the Goron race (took almost an hour just doing that) to get the gold dust for the fancy new sword so my gameplay time well exceeded 8 hours.
Yeah that's like the most frustrating part of the game.

Just get the gold dust:
Code:
zs.exe savefile.fla -Items ITEMS 3 0 0x22