Old 1st September 2016, 05:08 AM

Default James Bond 007 Goldeneye cheats

I love playing James Bond Goldeneye. I played it for hours and hours when I had my N64 gaming system. I would use some of the game play cheats such as invincibility bond invisible. I play Goldeneye on Project64 which is just as good playing on my N64. I have some quick questions. Like the two cheats I mentioned previously has to be enabled by entering a combination of different buttons during game play, do game play cheats still work on the Goldeneye N64 ROM? Second question. It's regarding the bond invisible cheat. I have it enabled via the have all levels unlocked with the cheat menu enabled. I know that if you have the bond invisible cheat on nobody is able to talk to you which is a down fall on some levels especially the Falicity level, I can't make contact with the double agent to get the door decoder gadget. I noticed that on two of the bunker levels I can talk with some people. on the first bunker level I am able to talk to Boris and get him to take me to the computer room. I am able to talk to Natayla on the second bunker level. Why am I able to talk to these people when I have the Bond Invisible cheat activated? How come for the remainder of the game Natayla doesn't communicate with me? Last question while being invisible I noticed that when I enter the cavern level I noticed that there's a guy standing around looking straight at me, who is he? Why can't I defeat him? Any and all help with be greatly appreciated.
Old 1st September 2016, 08:18 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesbondfan21 View Post
I have some quick questions. Like the two cheats I mentioned previously has to be enabled by entering a combination of different buttons during game play, do game play cheats still work on the Goldeneye N64 ROM?
Yes, especially if it's the same ROM as the one dumped from your cartridge.

Quote:
Second question. It's regarding the bond invisible cheat. I have it enabled via the have all levels unlocked with the cheat menu enabled. I know that if you have the bond invisible cheat on nobody is able to talk to you which is a down fall on some levels especially the Falicity level, I can't make contact with the double agent to get the door decoder gadget. I noticed that on two of the bunker levels I can talk with some people. on the first bunker level I am able to talk to Boris and get him to take me to the computer room. I am able to talk to Natayla on the second bunker level. Why am I able to talk to these people when I have the Bond Invisible cheat activated?
Maybe that's just the only level with characters who don't trust mysterious voices from invisible people?

Quote:
How come for the remainder of the game Natayla doesn't communicate with me?
Because she's a woman.

Quote:
Last question while being invisible I noticed that when I enter the cavern level I noticed that there's a guy standing around looking straight at me, who is he? Why can't I defeat him? Any and all help with be greatly appreciated.
That's Travelyan, and you can't kill him because his purpose is to run away at supersonic speed from Bond until the very last level only to die then. (He runs so fast that's probably why you never noticed him with invisibility off.) I distinctly recall him standing there and not running if I set Bond as invisible.
Old 1st September 2016, 11:24 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

It's more fun completing the game without cheats. Complete all the levels on Agent to open up Aztec level, complete all levels on Secret Agent to open up Egyptian level, complete all levels on 00 Agent to get 007. Get all the cheats by completing the levels within the time. The levels with time challenge to get the cheats, go in order from Dam, Secret Agent, 00 Agent, Agent, repeat.

I recently got all the cheats on all four users (without cheating). Facility cheat on 00 Agent is the hardest to unlock. Caverns is tricky as well, it's long.
Old 2nd September 2016, 02:43 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Playing without the cheats is fun, but I hate unlocking them by playing as fast as I possibly can (like the Facility level on 00 Agent to unlock invincibility). I hate the pressure of time, so the speed-run thing just isn't my type of thing I guess. Only good thing I feel about it is the huge relief I get when I see I made it in time so that I know I don't have to try again.