Old 27th January 2017, 11:11 PM

Default 60 FPS and GUI Improvment

Hi all, and thanks for the good works I'm following since 2000 something ^^.

I have two suggestions to improve this great emulator.

1. I like the improvment that the emulator, when scanning roms in folder show the "Good" name. It should be very awfull if, (like MAME did if I remember well) we could have a windows to the right side showing a screenshot of the game Highlighted, and maybe some specifications (# of players, story, stuffs like that). Showing screenshot is the most important part, because it's a pleasure to see and more attractive for who do not know the game.

2. I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting 2 important things. No stretch wide full screen (wich is not to bad yet, seeing how it is complicated to obtain) and 60 Fps (or more). This last point, as far as I know is pretty delicate since it is dependent to key frames, and complicated stuffs. So my question is :
Because it is so complicated to sort native 60fps from the emulator, should it be possible "just" to take what the emulator output as video (30fps) and interpolate it to 60 or more fps, just the way "Smooth Video Project (https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Main_Page)" (SVP) works on videos ? Seeing 30fps game's footage with it give a very good result. That way, the "pure" emulation of the 64 remains the same, 30 fps, leaving away complicates things to double the framerate etc, and the "SVP like" thing only touch to the outpouted video (I mean by this, no internal change in the emulator). If possible, no doubt it will be exceptional. : )
Old 28th January 2017, 04:43 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinROR View Post
, and maybe some specifications (# of players, story, stuffs like that).
# of players is implemented in the ROM browser's RDX file already.

You would have to go into the Settings... menus of Project64's ROM browser options to add the number of players column yourself, as it isn't listed by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinROR View Post
So my question is :
Because it is so complicated to sort native 60fps from the emulator, should it be possible "just" to take what the emulator output as video (30fps) and interpolate it to 60 or more fps,
NTSC VI refresh happens 60 times per second, so Project64's frame rate is always 60 frames per second. Only the video portion drawn by the N64's video card is what is at 30 fps in those cases, so that would be the unchanging portion for machine accuracy reasons.