Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Cheats

Old 24th November 2016, 02:31 AM

Can you make a T-pose code for Pokemon Snap, or an image modifier?

Last edited by lemurbot; 24th November 2016 at 02:38 AM.
Old 24th November 2016, 04:48 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I could always try for the T-pose code,not guaranteed to find it though.
Old 25th November 2016, 05:34 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I found a certain other code after failing my first attempt for the T-stance code,it looks amazing!

Pokemon Snap (U)

Sixty Frames
8004979B 0001

It seems to match the one in Super Smash Bros. which is a little hard to believe.

Game Pace
80049799 00xx
01=Default
02=Half Pace (half fps at 50% speed)

Edit: Starting a compendium of 60fps hacks soon to see how many I can get through a "certain" resource of "them" in order to find codes for many games.

Last edited by retroben; 25th November 2016 at 06:48 AM.
Old 6th December 2016, 01:05 AM

Hey bro, you still working on codes? Trying to get some for Paper Mario 64. One that maybe multiply's the amount of stars you get per battle?
Old 6th December 2016, 06:28 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I am currently really busy with several tasks of code hunting,so I unfortunately don't have that much time for requests currently.
If I don't have a stroke of bad luck,I can eventually get through the first wave of the 60fps compendium where some games will not have 60fps codes for them as a result of my lack for finding them.
Old 14th January 2017, 05:30 AM

With your hacking expertise, I'd love to see you hack out the company code (also known as publisher code) location offsets in different games. Maybe find a pattern that works for most games

For example, in Perfect Dark and Diddy Kong Racing, when you save to a memory pack, it uses the ASCII company code "4Y" for Rare, which is the same code used in earlier generation systems like Conker's Pocket Tales (GBC).

It would be interesting to see if games that do not use the controller pak also have it somewhere.

The only way I know to obtain these codes is to play until you get the ability to save to a controller pak. It's also not useful to just search for "4Y" in ROM or RAM, since it can find gibberish (plus some games you don't yet know the code).
Old 14th January 2017, 09:53 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Bad luck on the 13th,ironically got sick and before that,I couldn't get any codes found from tiredness and it being too hot from crazy weather.
Old 14th January 2017, 07:27 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
I found a certain other code after failing my first attempt for the T-stance code,it looks amazing!

Pokemon Snap (U)

Sixty Frames
8004979B 0001

It seems to match the one in Super Smash Bros. which is a little hard to believe.

Game Pace
80049799 00xx
01=Default
02=Half Pace (half fps at 50% speed)

Edit: Starting a compendium of 60fps hacks soon to see how many I can get through a "certain" resource of "them" in order to find codes for many games.
Just tested this FPS code with Hat'sRDP OGL1.5 and used update screen. It revealed that its not updating the screen every frame. so this code when pacing is on makes it a 30fps game. ;(

Your pacing code seems to make the DL's drop to 30. Now I am wondering if Banjo does this as well ?

Changing the Pacing code to a value of zero seems to work better imo.
Old 14th January 2017, 08:00 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Sorry,that code name is misguiding,it is supposed to run at 30DL/s and half speed,just like Smash Bros. does with its code.
Its not a float point value like the Banjo codes.

The 60fps code works just fine on its own,if you didn't use it then only had the pace at half,the fps would be lower than 30DL/s.
Pokemon Snap really is a 60fps game,it just uses frame skip when in-game.
Of course timing issues most likely breaks things with either response time and/or pictures working.

Feeling decent already,so hopefully I can get some kind of codes found,possibly switching back to Smash Bros. because Donkey Kong 64 is being stubborn with freezing or nothing happens to anything on the code hunt.

Edit: Too sleepy from being stuck awake all night when I was sick,another day will need to be used to recover.

Last edited by retroben; 14th January 2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old 14th January 2017, 11:07 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
Sorry,that code name is misguiding,it is supposed to run at 30DL/s and half speed,just like Smash Bros. does with its code.
Its not a float point value like the Banjo codes.

The 60fps code works just fine on its own,if you didn't use it then only had the pace at half,the fps would be lower than 30DL/s.
Pokemon Snap really is a 60fps game,it just uses frame skip when in-game.
Of course timing issues most likely breaks things with either response time and/or pictures working.

Feeling decent already,so hopefully I can get some kind of codes found,possibly switching back to Smash Bros. because Donkey Kong 64 is being stubborn with freezing or nothing happens to anything on the code hunt.

Edit: Too sleepy from being stuck awake all night when I was sick,another day will need to be used to recover.
The Snap 60fps code is pretty decent find!!