Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 7th June 2016, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
To get better performance, you can use Project64's RSP + Azimer's HLE (since Body Harvest uses more power for audio than most games). So set audio to HLE. I think this game's 30 fps, so you can get away with setting an option called "Refresh" to 1, with Hatcat's fork of Angrylion's.

Other than that, you can try tweaking PJ64's recompiler settings to get a little more performance. I disabled "use TLB" and "Start Changed". It seems to work fine, but will need to do more testing.

Once I get bored of FB emulation, I'll consider starting a new fork. It would be faster .
Thanks for the suggestions man. I thought that whenever you chose an HLE plugin you didn't have to check "Audio HLE" on the plugin settings.

Anyway, i did this and disabled DAC filters as well. Seems to be running full speed now 99% of the time. I had sound problems with the US version of the rom (crackling and glitching) but with the PAL rom it sounds almost perfect.
Old 8th June 2016, 01:51 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasoulis View Post
Thanks for the suggestions man. I thought that whenever you chose an HLE plugin you didn't have to check "Audio HLE" on the plugin settings.

Anyway, i did this and disabled DAC filters as well. Seems to be running full speed now 99% of the time. I had sound problems with the US version of the rom (crackling and glitching) but with the PAL rom it sounds almost perfect.
Np. Glad you were able to see an improvement. Yeah, no audio plugin currently sounds good in Body Harvest (U). Interesting to know that it sounds better in PAL.
Old 8th June 2016, 04:02 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

sound is probably better becasue the FPS is lower, making the requirements lower on the CPU freeing up Alist cycles.
Old 18th January 2017, 03:19 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Talking

I did some testing and now have a better understanding of what most plugins are lacking. It appears to require accurate Depth buffer (guess i forgot to enable Software Depth buffer in Glide64).

It appears that GLideN64's software depth buffer is more accurate than Glide64's, but nowhere near accurate enough for Body Harvest to work properly. I tried copying Depth Buffer from VRAM with GLideN64 and that was no good... All 0s for some reason..

If licensing is an issue, then someone will have to figure it out w/o looking at Angrylion's or MAME's source (honestly not a difficult task ) .
Old 17th March 2017, 12:21 AM

Hey Guys, did anyone managed to play through the entire game without clipping issues to this day? I tried it several times, first years ago, i think it was around 2011/12, but i had massive clipping issues and could not pass the bridge in greece at the start of the game. i tried it again in 2014, and it worked better with updated Plugins, but i had to switch them from time to time to pass clipping issues (to softgraphic plugin 1.5, to be precise). it was only a minor annoyance. i managed to make it to java, but at the cable railway, clipping issues become a major problem. i tried every available video plugin but i clip through the building every time and therefore could not progress at this point. i wonder if the games playable by now, did someone test it?

Sorry for my english, i hope it is readable
Old 17th March 2017, 12:56 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzFiction View Post
i tried every available video plugin but i clip through the building every time and therefore could not progress at this point. i wonder if the games playable by now, did someone test it?
Try the latest build of GLideN64 in this thread:
https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/i...ment-286461846

You can cross the bridge fine, and climb most of the stairs and not walk through walls. I've played for a little while, not left Greece yet. You still walk through dark colour steps though.

Uncheck Fixed Audio Timing in latest PJ64 as well. It causes crackling audio here.

Edit: I've just got to Java
And I can walk up the steps to the huts ok. I was worried about that. Haven't got to the cable car yet.

Last edited by Frank74; 18th March 2017 at 08:21 AM.
Old 18th March 2017, 09:12 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

The cable car in Java is fine as well.

I moved to the PAL version, but it has slowdown the same as US version.
Java is more demanding on the GFX.
Old 1st April 2017, 12:02 PM

Okay thanks, i will try it

Where can i find the Fixed Audio Timing option?

edit: nevermind, found it

edit: Just another question is it possible to use the shoulderbuttons at the same time? i want to use L2 as aim button and R2 for firing, but it doest work. It like the shoulderbuttons work like one axis

Last edited by HeinzFiction; 1st April 2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 1st April 2017, 01:31 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzFiction View Post
edit: Just another question is it possible to use the shoulderbuttons at the same time? i want to use L2 as aim button and R2 for firing, but it doest work. It like the shoulderbuttons work like one axis
That's a known problem with Microsoft controllers. The L2 and R2 shoulder buttons are one axis. Either use a non Microsoft controller or map them to different buttons.
Old 1st April 2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank74 View Post
That's a known problem with Microsoft controllers. The L2 and R2 shoulder buttons are one axis. Either use a non Microsoft controller or map them to different buttons.
Okay, thanks for the answer. i dont have another gamepad, but its not a big deal anyway