Old 13th March 2017, 11:04 PM

Lightbulb Transfer Pak Game Boy Camera Support

LuigiBlood helped Project64 emulate the 64DD. Project64 went to v2.3-202 to have the change be official (the earliest known version I know of where it started to be supported). I messed about with Mario Artist: Paint Studio and found out that the game is compatible with the Transfer Pak by using the Japanese Game Boy Camera (called Pocket Camera).

I think in this mode it can use the camera directly without ever having to boot the game. My only proof is the below screenshot I took myself using N-Gage's input plugin:

I think this is what is happening is because running Game Boy Camera in BGB displays something similar:

My only request is to find a way for N-Gage's input plugin be able to use the computer's webcam. There have been experimental unofficial builds with Game Boy emulators doing just that, but nothing for N64 because only one game uses it. If I am wrong how this works in Mario Artist, let me know.

If this is already known by the devs, sorry. Didn't know. It's such an obscure emulation case.

Mozilla FireFox and The Angry Video Game Nerd aren't gods.

Last edited by wildgoosespeeder; 13th March 2017 at 11:14 PM.