Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 1st April 2017, 09:26 AM
ssexx ssexx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 23
Default awful emulation by pj64 on Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits vol.1

version: Project64 v2.3.2-202

terrible emulation on Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits vol.1. broken and glitchy graphics, music is not emulated well enough to be enjoyed and gameplay frames is extremely low which make the games unplayable

Defender right side of screen flickers
Sinistar unplayable for reasons mentioned above
Robotron: 2084 playable
Joust playable
Spy Hunter unplayable for reasons mentioned above
Root Beer Tapper unplayable for reasons mentioned above

i tried both graphic plugins included in pj64 2.3.2-202 and that Glider plugin only shows a very small part of the screen while the rest is black

Last edited by ssexx; 1st April 2017 at 09:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 1st April 2017, 02:23 PM
Frank74's Avatar
Frank74 Frank74 is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 828
Default

Try latest GLideN64 here:
https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/i...ment-287617539

In graphics options, turn off Frame Buffer Emulation.

For sound, use my latest build of Azimer's 0.7 here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0edjvjha0y...ioXA2.dll?dl=1

In Project64, turn off Fixed Audio Timing, and 32-bit engine. Set Counter Factor to 1.

Sound and graphics should be perfect now.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 1st April 2017, 04:04 PM
Frank74's Avatar
Frank74 Frank74 is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 828
Default

Tapper flickers without Frame Buffer turned on. Turn it on, but turn off the copy buffers for fastest speed.

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2nd April 2017, 12:51 PM
ssexx ssexx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 23
Default

Will all these problems be fixed in the next updated version of project64?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2nd April 2017, 03:42 PM
Frank74's Avatar
Frank74 Frank74 is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssexx View Post
Will all these problems be fixed in the next updated version of project64?
I doubt it, as it requires 3rd party plugins not included with Project64. Hopefully Azimer's will soon be the default plugin. Just a crinkle to sort out, and a new configuration.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2nd April 2017, 04:31 PM
ssexx ssexx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank74 View Post
I doubt it, as it requires 3rd party plugins not included with Project64. Hopefully Azimer's will soon be the default plugin. Just a crinkle to sort out, and a new configuration.
but the currently default sound plugin included in the latest project64 works great. why will you add azimer into it as the default sound plugin, it's not necessary. I tried this game again and the sound plugin worked great. i guess it was my problem the last time i played it when i felt the sound was not good. i think what pj64 needs to be improved on and perhaps the only thing to make it better is graphic plugin
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2nd April 2017, 07:00 PM
Frank74's Avatar
Frank74 Frank74 is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssexx View Post
but the currently default sound plugin included in the latest project64 works great. why will you add azimer into it as the default sound plugin, it's not necessary. I tried this game again and the sound plugin worked great. i guess it was my problem the last time i played it when i felt the sound was not good. i think what pj64 needs to be improved on and perhaps the only thing to make it better is graphic plugin
Because Jabo's sound only works on Windows. Project64 needs open source plugins so it can be built for other systems and 64 bit eventually.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.