Old 27th April 2014, 09:38 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

There's a good chance that the gameshark code you used, messed up your save data. Are you loading a save state or the actual file?

The reason I asked about your OS is because some of them, give you an option to restore data to a previous date. I don't tihnk win8 has that option. Win 7 ftw . Anyway, you will have to do some hex editing to fix the problem. I'm too busy atm so I won't be able to help for a while. I was hoping someone else would be able to assist you after you presented more information, but I guess not.

This should be a lesson for you. Don't rely on others, because most people are lazy! You'll have to either fix it yourself or wait days, weeks, months, or even years for someone to assist you.

If you are brave enough to try and fix the problem yourself, I can give advice. I just don't have enough time to actually do all this hex editing.
Old 27th April 2014, 12:09 PM

Unhappy

I'm only 15. I don't understand any of this

But I was able to fix the crash that occurs when I enter the Kakoriko Village Bazaar.
Old 27th April 2014, 12:12 PM

But I suppose Google could be of assistance.
Old 27th April 2014, 12:32 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaMaster_ View Post
I'm only 15.
STOP DENYING MY AGE!1!1!!!
Old 27th April 2014, 12:43 PM

That's not me. I swear.
Old 27th April 2014, 12:51 PM

Can someone give me a general idea on the hex editing?
Old 27th April 2014, 01:24 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

I will tell you how to fix it if you donate 10$ to me . Had you provided the important info sooner, I would have just told you how to fix it. What's there to learn about hex editing? You just change numbers around. I suppose it helps to memorize hex numbers so that you can do the hex to decimal and decimal to hex conversions in your head.

Hex editing is about using logic. Good luck finding an answer on google, since most people are lazy. It's a shame how much time people waste, yet claim they are "too busy" to do productive things.

LOL HatCat that video was hilarious. I highly doubt he's actually 15... Not only does he look way younger, but the way he talks and acts too... To be that mentally and physically behind seems highly unlikely.

In video games, it's good to compare good data with bad data, when something goes wrong
Old 27th April 2014, 02:51 PM

I tried opening my OOT game from a previous quick save before I obtained the Fairy Bow but it says 'File is corrupted or path is lost. You may need to restart the application.' It says that for all my quick saves. My only Native Save is after I get the Fairy Bow.
Old 27th April 2014, 03:02 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Lol I guess you didn't take my joke seriously.

Next time, try hex editing on your own, if the answer is not on google. Being able to do things yourself will make your life a lot better.

The address is 8011A673, what you do is bitwise OR the numbers you want. Be glad I attempted working on a zelda OOT save editor.
Quiver_and_Bomb_Bag_and_Strength; /* 0x1 Quiver (30); 0x2 Quiver (40); 0x3 Quiver (50); 0x8 Bomb Bag (20); 0x10 Bomb Bag (30); 0x18 Bomb Bag (40); 0x40 Goron Bracelet; 0x80 Silver Gauntlets; 0xC0 Golden Gauntlets */

If you don't understand bitwise OR operation, then just add the main ones together. Quiver + Bomb Bag + Bracelet.
So you put 8011A673 00DB for largest quiver + largest bomb bag + golden gauntlets.
Old 28th April 2014, 08:13 AM

Okay, I just need to know where to put that address.

Tags
oot, the legend of zelda, zelda oot