Old 5th June 2010, 08:46 PM

Default [Help] Issue with Saves & Loads

Hello everyone

Well, I'll get right down to the nitty gritty here.
I'm running a MacBook Pro with VMWare Fusion, with Windows XP SP3.

I just went through downloading P64 (only recently got this laptop and the XP partition), and went to play Ocarina of Time.

Unfortunately... I've run into a slight issue.
First, I'd like to clarify; if this has been addressed and answered before, I apologize, same thing if I'm posting in the wrong section.

1. When I first open up Project64 and open a rom, I get the following message;
    "The system cannot find the path specified."
    This error message does not clarify what path is missing.
  2. After running the game for a bit (with no immediate problems), I decide to test saves and loads. Saving works fine. However... upon attempting to load, I get this message;

"Unable to load save state" with the name of the state included in there as well.

I've since found that there is no Save child folder located in the Project64 program folder. I'm not sure about the possible causes of this.
Attempts to create a new "Save" folder are met with a message saying that I don't have the authority to perform the action.

If anyone could offer any assistance at all, it would be greatly appreciated!
And if any additional information is required, please ask, and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by cedar hawk; 5th June 2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 5th June 2010, 11:43 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Verify the set paths for Project64 (the directories in which it checks for images, saves, and else) through Options > Settings... > Directories. The "Directories" tab of the "Settings..." configuration is visible if upon accessing it, "Hide Advanced Settings" from the "Options" tab was disabled.

This should direct you to where Project64 is looking for those components.

If you can't create a folder and get a permissions error that means you might not have administrative privileges on the current system you're using.