Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 12th April 2009, 09:48 AM

hi thorgrim103 if i'm not to far wrong resident evil 2 was available for an old pc (you didn't say exactly what you've got though)it should work fine (remember project 64 is processor intensive) so it'll be slow on any older machine possibly to the point of a crawl at best .anyway my advice if you buy re 2 second hand make sure it works (duh obvious i no)but sometimes old cds have dead sectors and don't work so be carefull ,i've been caught out several times . sometimes an older pc is more valuable as some older pc titles won't work on xp such as aliens vs predator/ commandos btw older graphics cards aren't that expensive try a nvidia 4600 or a radeon 9700 i had 1 for 5 years and it worked on windows 98 quite well you might have to buy a new powerpack though 380 watts ps try charity shops for old pc titles you might be suprised what you can pick up

Last edited by madmax; 12th April 2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12th April 2009, 10:40 AM

hi thorgrim103 as an old pc owner you might be able to get hold of a copy of resident evil 2 (you didn't specify what setup you have)but i'm sure it will work (even on an old pc)emulators are processor intensive and yes often need a good graphics card (my recomendations for a graphics card is a nvidia 4600 or a radeon 9700 (probly best for 98)
they are relatively cheap should be few dolars or pounds but may require you to get a bigger powerpack 370watt to 400watt these cards use a agp slot ,the radeon works ok with windows 98 ,i had mine for 5 years befor upradin to a bigger card and xp ,sometimes older pcs are better for older games such as aliens vs predator and commandos both of which don't work on xp properly if at all (my experience)ps this emulator is great on xp but still has it's glitches sayin that the n64 had probs aswell bad ports and the like .playstation 1 games can be picked up for next to nothing ,but be aware as time goes on discs stop working and suffer from dead sectors ,so be carefull plus ps1 consoles are sellin for dirt cheap prices ,also check console before buying as they are susceptable to laser problems sometimes caused by chipping or modding .n64 stuff can also be bought relatively cheap aswell (just incase this magnificent emulator don't cut the mustard for ya) .oh the screen sticking to the side happens to me aswell ,the black box thing is your graphics card sorry i gather you've on board graphics right (ps sorry about the rant but i thought the last waffle didn't post on here )

Last edited by madmax; 12th April 2009 at 10:50 AM.