Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 11th May 2011, 10:50 PM

Default Xbox 360 Controller Issues

I am trying to configure my Xbox 360 controller, but there appears to be a bug, or an issue on my end. It claims that the right joystick is constantly active; However, I do not have this problem with any other emulators. So when I go to configure my controller, it will not let me edit my button mapping because I keep on trying to use the same button for everything (Rz).

Last edited by daugystik; 11th May 2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:30 PM
Project Supporter

1: Is the wired or wireless controller? (Wired ones are pretty much guaranteed to work without any extra downloads)
2: Which controller plugin are you using? I'm sure everyone would agree with this suggestion, but if you're not using N-Rage, download from the link in my siggy.

I await your response.

N-rage

Xinput for Xbox 360 Controller

PJ64 1.6 Download

System Specs:

Windows 7 Professional
GeForce GTX 760
16 GB RAM
120 GB SSD, 1 TB HHD x2 (1 Internal/1 External)
Intel i5-4670k
Old 12th May 2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
1: Is the wired or wireless controller? (Wired ones are pretty much guaranteed to work without any extra downloads)
2: Which controller plugin are you using? I'm sure everyone would agree with this suggestion, but if you're not using N-Rage, download from the link in my siggy.

I await your response.
Thanks for the help
1. Wired
2. I am an idiot for not including this, my apologies... I am using "tattieboogle". It is a driver that allows macs to use xbox 360 controllers. I use a program called "crossover" that allows Project64 to run properly. Crossover is basically an emulator for windows programs, so I have an emulator to run an emulator. I have been wanting to play the Ocarina of Time for a while now, but my nintendo is with my sister far away lmao. I will see what I can do with N-Rage and I will get back to you with my success/failure in a bit.

EDIT: I have the N-Rage plugin installed (Unless it somehow automatically found the file I installed, I assume the plugin was preinstalled) but now I have another issue with it. It simply will not pick up any of the signals from my controller when I try to bind buttons to it.

EDIT2: Had one of those stupid moments... I didn't see the extra tab that allowed me to activate my controller haha. Thanks for your help! I thought it was going to be an elaborate fix, but it was quite simple. I did find out how to install plugins and such as well while fixing this which is great because I would love an HD texture of the Ocarina of Time.

Thanks for the help

EDIT 3: One last question: is it possible to bind menu commands to a controller? I want to have RB function as a speed boost, so I want to make F4's command to RB.

Last edited by daugystik; 12th May 2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:47 AM
Project Supporter

Unfortunately because you said you're using a mac, there's really not much we can do.

Because the emulator is made to function on windows only we really have no support for any problems you might encounter.

N-rage

Xinput for Xbox 360 Controller

PJ64 1.6 Download

System Specs:

Windows 7 Professional
GeForce GTX 760
16 GB RAM
120 GB SSD, 1 TB HHD x2 (1 Internal/1 External)
Intel i5-4670k
Old 12th May 2011, 01:17 PM
Project Supporter

Well, it seems that he's doing fine anyway.

You can use a program called JoytoKey to map F4 to a button on that controller. It's free and not hard to find through google.
Old 12th May 2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natnatertatertot View Post
Well, it seems that he's doing fine anyway.

You can use a program called JoytoKey to map F4 to a button on that controller. It's free and not hard to find through google.
I'll give it a shot! Thanks a ton man! If I can get that to work, then I would be able to map save state keys and F4 to my controller. The last thing I want to do is get an HD texturepack and I will be having myself a grand old time... thanks for the help guys! There's really not much more you can help me with from here on out.
Old 12th May 2011, 07:09 PM
Project Supporter

good luck broheim.
Old 12th May 2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
good luck broheim.
I worked on this for about an hour and a half, and I finally got it to work... The problem was that the program was unable to find files on the mac OS even though I specified the files properly. However, the program would work flawlessly, but only when using it on the joytokey application. After some more work, I got a cracked version of gamepad companion and it's working fine. (If you're one of those anti-piracy people, don't worry, I'm gonna buy it now that I know it works... I don't steal from devs) Now I just need to get an HD texture pack working and I'm set

I don't know why, but I honestly enjoy doing stuff like this... Whenever I play minecraft I spend half of my time installing mods and fixing up compatibility issues then I do actually playing the game lmao
Old 12th May 2011, 09:01 PM
Project Supporter

Heh, I've almost killed minecraft as well
Old 12th May 2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Heh, I've almost killed minecraft as well
I've seen some of your videos... I'm just saying to hell with texturepacks... I've been wanting to play through this game again for years, and I figure I might as well do it in its full glory