Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

It works good with 1.7
Old 3rd January 2013, 06:33 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator82 View Post
It works good with 1.7
Thanks, I bought the beta yesterday. Works with no desynchs and little lag.
Old 25th January 2013, 04:48 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

netplay on 64 is a bit old
Old 18th February 2013, 03:28 AM

Is there some way to switch who is player 1? Alternately, is there source code for this plugin available?
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMan View Post
Is there some way to switch who is player 1?
Yes, you can control which user takes which player slot, but only prior to starting the game (using /start). I posted a while back (pg. 17 on this thread) regarding the player line-up. But here, I'll try to make it very clear:

So you have four player slots in a game. The line-up is priority based, so it depends on two things: Order of arrival which is listed by username from top to bottom in the AQZ Netplay window, and which player ports (P1, P2, P3, P4 assignments) each user has checked; the latter is the secondary priority.

Note that checking a player port is as simple as going to Options >> Configure Controller Plugin and checking the box labeled "controller is plugged in".

Here's an example scenario:

There are four users in the AQZ Netplay session. The topmost user (always the host) has P1 port checked. The second from top user has both P1 and P2 ports checked. The third user has no ports checked. The fourth user has all four slots checked. The topmost user will take control of P1. The second from top user has P1 port assigned to P2 and P2 port assigned to P3, since the first assignment (P1) has already been reserved by higher priority (in this case the host); as you can see there is an offset by the number of assignments that have already been taken. Next you have the third user who is unchecked all-around, and so they will spectate. Finally the fourth user may have all ports checked, but only their local P1 port will be assigned to anything (in this case P4) since there is a four player limit in N64 games; in other words the P4 slot is the only slot not reserved by the time the fourth user is reached. So you see just because you have P1 port checked, for instance, you may not necessarily be P1.

Let's say you have one friend join your game and you would like for him/her to be P1. Well unfortunately you would have to uncheck all ports, making you a spectator. But if you desire to be P2, and your friend P1, then your friend would have to host.
Old 30th March 2013, 07:17 AM
Project Supporter

Can someone confirm if using 1.7 will be playable and not get desynch?

I was using this plugin with 1.6 and I would get desynch from Smash Bros with 1 other player.
Old 30th March 2013, 09:57 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

What I can say is, 1.7.0.11 and Mario Kart 64 works very good with this plugin
Old 31st March 2013, 02:56 AM
Project Supporter

I'm having problems.

Using 1.7.0.12. I host, my friend connects to me, I do /start. After doing /start, the white box just resets itself, exactly like if you restart the game. For my friend, it shows that he got dropped and the game already started.

I switched back to 1.6 and this issue wasn't a problem, could play with each other. (I want to use 1.7 because 1.6 desyncs).

Help?

Last edited by achan070; 31st March 2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old 31st March 2013, 03:51 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Try 2.0
Old 1st April 2013, 05:31 AM
Project Supporter

I tried 1.7.0.11 and it worked fine (1.7.0.12 was the non working version).

I have a question about saved games. After making sure me and my partner has the same save files, how do we both continue the game from that save state? After doing /start, it doesn't start the game from the save state. Do I have to use the "restore" (F7) option? If I do it, will my partner ALSO start at the same save point?