Old 1st April 2013, 11:14 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Do NOT use savestates, I have no idea why you think you need to XD
Old 2nd April 2013, 03:32 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup

The concept of using a savestate during netplay is something I honestly never even thought about until I saw this. I've always treated it like you would with online play for any game (you can't simply save where you left off). With a game like Mario Kart, you wouldn't start a race in the middle of the game, you start from the beginning each time. So what game are you playing that makes sense to save in the middle of it? XDDD
Old 2nd April 2013, 04:52 AM
Project Supporter

I see. The game I wanted to use save for was Mario Party, as games can be quite long.

Just to clarify, is it even possible to use save files for netplay and both players resume at the same save state? (with this plugin)

Last edited by achan070; 2nd April 2013 at 04:55 AM.
Old 2nd April 2013, 06:20 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by achan070 View Post
I see. The game I wanted to use save for was Mario Party, as games can be quite long.

Just to clarify, is it even possible to use save files for netplay and both players resume at the same save state? (with this plugin)
Netplay on its lonesome is unstable, let alone adding the ability to sav like that. I suppose in theory it would be possible, but would require a great deal of fudging to make possible. In order to save during online play, the savestates for each player would have to be syncronized together. In theory to make this happen, someone would have to be master of the savestate. The savestate would then need to be cloned (copied) over to each player. Each player would then have to load the savestate all at the same exact time otherwise netplay would not be in sync. This cannot possibly be done without changes to the plugin to automatically do this for you. I highly dpubt death_droid would work this into his plugin. I personally can see now why you wanted this, but you can't even save during normal maro party during gameplay for even the wii. Just seems to me like a lot of work and not enough demand.

To recap, the answer is absolutely not without death_droid adding such capabilities. Even then this is just theory, in practice thee may be other limitations where even he can't make it happen.
Old 6th April 2013, 09:38 PM
Project Supporter

^Thanks.

Also, say you are playing with 2 other human players. If one of them has to go and exits the emulator, everyone will desync. Is it possible to make it so that if one person disconnects, the rest of the players can still play in sync?
Old 6th April 2013, 09:55 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Does that happen?

I thought with Kaillera when someone would drop manually from the game it would announce their drop, but everybody else would keep playing in sync.

Or you're referring to something else.
Old 6th April 2013, 10:37 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
Does that happen?

I thought with Kaillera when someone would drop manually from the game it would announce their drop, but everybody else would keep playing in sync.

Or you're referring to something else.
I'm referring to netplay via this plugin in this thread.
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:17 PM

I've always wondered, would it be possible to use a save-state in the terms of re-sync? like when the game de-sync'd then the host could send everyone a save state, they'd all apply it. And then we go on our lives happy and cheery (Happiness not guaranteed.)

I know that thats probably not possible or something because its an input plugin, while the PJ64k hack by Smasherx74 has kaillera implemented in the emulator, so it can do more stuff. BUT. Would it be possible to use save-states in this manor?
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:22 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Not unless both users had said state and used it at the EXACT same time (which is impossible)
Old 24th April 2013, 12:02 AM

Just wondering then, can the input plugin pause the emulator/hack into and pause it? Then you'd apply the state, and get a 'READY' msg back from everyone. Game starts up like normal.