Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

(alt-) f4
Old 15th January 2017, 01:46 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0watme View Post
Everything is working fine now but it seems the game is running extremely fast and causes it to crash, is there a setting that I have to adjust for the game?

- Wh0watme
The crashing I am not sure of. RiceVideo is the only HLE graphics plugin that will show the HUD at least some of the time when configured right, but I do remember it crashing on certain levels (but only at random--if you make saved states you can live through it).

The running extremely fast. Is because ExtremeDude2 likes Sonic. And also probably because, you should try either "Sync game to audio" checkbox in audio plugin settings and/or F4 to toggle the speed limiter. Or, edit the RDB settings to play with the counter factor...I think CF=1 is the most stable.
Old 15th January 2017, 03:30 AM

I have done the sync to audio, however now when playing the game a get random screen flickers every couple movements. It runs smoothly otherwise. Its playable at that but, the flickers get mildly annoying haha.
Old 15th January 2017, 02:57 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I've had it lock up on me too.

I thought I sorted it, but just made it worse...

Last edited by Frank74; 15th January 2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 15th January 2017, 10:50 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Yeah I think it doesn't lock-up if you use CF=1. I remember having to change the timing settings to fix the locking up. (With RiceVideo HLE though, a crash in the rendering class is unfortunately inevitable, just never consistent or guaranteed to happen at any fixed point.)

I ended up getting Gauntlets to work on the Linux 64-bit port of Mupen64 I tweaked in LLE graphics. Full speed audio and controller input and such...only downside is no frame buffer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0watme View Post
I have done the sync to audio, however now when playing the game a get random screen flickers every couple movements. It runs smoothly otherwise. Its playable at that but, the flickers get mildly annoying haha.
As far as I know, all HLE video plugins have the flickering. I think maybe Glide64 Final fixed it, but Glide64 final doesn't support the HUD and health/items bar at the bottom.

Yeah, flickering will wipe out the HUD text at bottom of gameplay screen. Just use any of the C-buttons (which cycle through the HUD mini-screens) to refresh the relevant parts of them.

The flickering is because the game is animating the HUD magic power refill bar. When your MP finishes regenerating the flickering will stop, and you won't have to hit the C-buttons to redraw them anymore.