Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 3rd January 2017, 04:39 PM

Default questions for project64 2.3. come and check out

1. what's the difference between the two graphic plugins, Jabo direct3d8 and pj64glide64, which one is better and which one uses less resources?

2. what's the right way to use memory pak in the emulator? should Rawdata be clicked? when Rawdata is not clicked, it says the memory pak will be handled by the emulator

3. what's the difference between a low full screen resolution setting in graphic plugin and a high full screen resolution setting in graphic plugin? it doesn't seem to be different in graphics while played in different full screen resolution settings in graphic plugin

Last edited by ssexx; 3rd January 2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 4th January 2017, 02:22 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

#2. Raw data is required for some controller pak accessories but not the mempak.

With mempak raw data mostly just means emulate the mempak inside the controller input plugin, not the Project64 core's internal mempak support. You can change input plugins to affect how the mempak is emulated, stored and loaded with raw data on, I guess.

#3 ... I have never heard of that setting. What are you referring to?
Old 4th January 2017, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
#2. Raw data is required for some controller pak accessories but not the mempak.

With mempak raw data mostly just means emulate the mempak inside the controller input plugin, not the Project64 core's internal mempak support. You can change input plugins to affect how the mempak is emulated, stored and loaded with raw data on, I guess.

#3 ... I have never heard of that setting. What are you referring to?
1. there's 2 graphic plugins in pj64 2.3. do you know the difference in terms of graphic performance and resources consumptions?

2. is mempak in this emulator actually the controller pak which allows the gamesaving data to be saved and stored on mempak instead of the game or cartridge itself? if it is, how should i use it in pj64? should i leave rawdata clicked or unclicked if i wanna use mempak?

3. in graphic setting it is possible to change the resolutions for both window and full screen. when a game is played on pj64 under different full screen resolutions chosen in graphic setting of pj64, what is the difference graphically?
Old 5th January 2017, 01:09 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

#1. facesex. need engrish to read question

#2. facesex. didn't read.

#3. The "difference graphically" is it still runs in full-screen mode either way but changes your monitor's display resolution. You experience the fastest switch between windowed and full-screen mode if you set the full screen resolution to the same thing your desktop monitor screen size is set to under Windows.
Old 8th January 2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
#1. facesex. need engrish to read question

#2. facesex. didn't read.

#3. The "difference graphically" is it still runs in full-screen mode either way but changes your monitor's display resolution. You experience the fastest switch between windowed and full-screen mode if you set the full screen resolution to the same thing your desktop monitor screen size is set to under Windows.
1. Jabo direct3d8 and pj64glide64, which one should i use?

2. how to use mempak in pj64 2.3?
Old 8th January 2017, 05:58 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssexx View Post
1. Jabo direct3d8 and pj64glide64, which one should i use?
Only way to know is to try them both.