Old 19th November 2016, 08:39 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank74 View Post
Clay Fighter and Ridge Racer are both perfect with Jabo here. Default settings. No crackling at all. Unless I use Glide or GLideN64 for Ridge Racer, then I get crackling because the video is too slow.

Top Gear Rally has never been right on any audio plugin, but Jabo is almost ok, the engine noise is ok, but the music is stuttery. World Driver Championship has problems, but TWINE is fine here with Jabo. Resident Evil 2 with Sync using audio checked in PJ64 fixes the crackling. Rogue Squadron is similar with Jabo/Azimer. Crackling or stuttering is caused by slow gfx in this case.

Only change from default settings is with Resident Evil 2, checked Sync using audio in PJ64, not Jabo.
Not talking about crackling in those two games, I'm talking about the fact the timing drops from 60 VI/s to 50 VI/s. Games from Midway used the MusyX audio codec and Jabo doesn't emulate that well; Hydro Thunder and Gauntlet Legends have that codec and sound jacked up. If someone can record samples to prove my point to the contrary, by all means.
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 19th November 2016, 05:10 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_randomizer View Post
Not talking about crackling in those two games, I'm talking about the fact the timing drops from 60 VI/s to 50 VI/s. Games from Midway used the MusyX audio codec and Jabo doesn't emulate that well; Hydro Thunder and Gauntlet Legends have that codec and sound jacked up. If someone can record samples to prove my point to the contrary, by all means.
Sounds like you haven't tried the latest version of PJ64 is quite a while... Fixed audio timing is now set on by default, which fixes the 50 VI/s issue. Jabo's plugin is still no good for musyx games though.

I get good results with FAT off, when using my branch of Azimer's DS8 for most games, although I usually just use a modified 1964 audio, these days. Top Gear actually sounds good after tweaking 1964 audio, only problem is some occasional crackling. I just need to find a way to get good audio for musyx games.
Old 19th November 2016, 08:08 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Sounds like you haven't tried the latest version of PJ64 is quite a while... Fixed audio timing is now set on by default, which fixes the 50 VI/s issue. Jabo's plugin is still no good for musyx games though.

I get good results with FAT off, when using my branch of Azimer's DS8 for most games, although I usually just use a modified 1964 audio, these days. Top Gear actually sounds good after tweaking 1964 audio, only problem is some occasional crackling. I just need to find a way to get good audio for musyx games.
Why haven't MusyX games been fixed after all these years? Are they really that hard to emulate, bad documentation, etc?

And you're right, I don't even have the latest build of PJ64, or even know what the latest build is >.>

Old 19th November 2016, 08:19 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
And you're right, I don't even have the latest build of PJ64, or even know what the latest build is >.>
Latest build is 2.3.1.155 available to you here. You have access to the Alpha forum.
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=5989

Winback hack was ported to PJGlide64 from GLideN64, so no floating grey squares anymore!
Old 19th November 2016, 08:39 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Why haven't MusyX games been fixed after all these years? Are they really that hard to emulate, bad documentation, etc?
I believe there are multiple issues at stake, but bad documentation isn't really a good excuse. I no audio expert, yet managed to achieve a lot on my own. The biggest problem is simply that audio is low priority among both devs and end users. I've seen too many people underestimate the amount of audio issues currently present. They don't seem to really seem to be paying attention.

Which musyx game are you interested in playing? Some Musyx games now sound ok when using certain setups (like Hydro Thunder), just that there are a few that still have issues (like Rogue Squadron).
Old 19th November 2016, 09:07 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Also, a while ago, I patched the JaboD3D plugin. It no longer creates logs, which makes a couple of games run better (games that created huge log). It also disabled texture dumping, though no one dumps textures with Jabo.

It was reported that it fixed some graphical problems with Sim City 64, though I don't know how?
Old 20th November 2016, 01:35 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
I believe there are multiple issues at stake, but bad documentation isn't really a good excuse. I no audio expert, yet managed to achieve a lot on my own. The biggest problem is simply that audio is low priority among both devs and end users. I've seen too many people underestimate the amount of audio issues currently present. They don't seem to really seem to be paying attention.

Which musyx game are you interested in playing? Some Musyx games now sound ok when using certain setups (like Hydro Thunder), just that there are a few that still have issues (like Rogue Squadron).
Gauntlet Legends only sounds decent on a few plugins, 007: The World is Not Enough also uses it as far as I know. I think even Resident Evil 2 uses it to compress audio, Factor 5 wrote some crazy things for the N64. I don't know, I just avoid Jabo, but if it's been mostly fixed in recent builds..

Old 20th November 2016, 04:41 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Gauntlet Legends only sounds decent on a few plugins, 007: The World is Not Enough also uses it as far as I know. I think even Resident Evil 2 uses it to compress audio, Factor 5 wrote some crazy things for the N64. I don't know, I just avoid Jabo, but if it's been mostly fixed in recent builds..
I wouldn't use Jabo's audio for any musyx game. WEll tbh, i dont really use his audio plugin anymore (other than occasional testing).

I don't recall ever getting decent audio in gauntlet but maybe it's because I usually use slow graphics plugins ;/ . I'll have to try testing that game some more I guess.
Old 24th November 2016, 02:39 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
I wouldn't use Jabo's audio for any musyx game. WEll tbh, i dont really use his audio plugin anymore (other than occasional testing).

I don't recall ever getting decent audio in gauntlet but maybe it's because I usually use slow graphics plugins ;/ . I'll have to try testing that game some more I guess.
I'd try it out if I didn't get the damn game actually loaded, getting a black screen.

Why do I get that stupid "Please support PJ64" popup when I'm already a supporter? Stupid thing won't go away, and I did get it from the Alpha section, WTF?

Old 24th November 2016, 02:10 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Because it uses a different system, you need to ask zilmar to get it to go away.