Old 14th March 2011, 11:38 PM

Default 64DD Emulation (I Understand it's Difficult)

I realize that you may get this a lot, but I would love to see DD emulation. The F-Zero Expansion Kit has already been dumped and it's waiting out there to be played. Not only that, but 3 builds of the unreleased Dezaemon 3D expansion will also be dumped soon.

(see: assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31726)

That, too, will be unplayable for everyone and will fade into history unless we can get this up and running.

Now, I realize this will be difficult, and I have no skill in coding, but I would help in any way possible. I feel that if we can even start to get DD emulation up and running, more games will be dumped and will make the DD available to those unfortunate people who can't get their hands on one. Thank you for reading this and I hope you take this into consideration with further releases of Project64.

Last edited by Union; 14th March 2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 15th March 2011, 12:41 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

any dd games in english?

convert your answer to a % and thats your chance of DD emulation.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 15th March 2011, 01:31 AM

I don't understand why they have to be in English. For example, the Mario Artist games, you don't need to understand Japanese for them. There's also very little Japanese to understand in the F-Zero kit, and after you've played with it for a few minutes, you will be able to use it fine. Also, part of the F-Zero kit is in English.
Old 15th March 2011, 02:36 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I'm interested in the design, but I think more the idea with having it in Project64 as to what squall is saying is that this emulator is for entertainment purposes. Thus the developers are happy enough emulating only the N64 in this emulator. If there is something not a lot of people of the majority are interested in then they don't consider it a continuum of developing for that same entertainment value.
Old 15th March 2011, 07:04 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

being a hobbyist emulator (at the heart), Zilmar only progressively supported games he could get his hands on or felt like playing.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 15th March 2011, 05:23 PM

I would like to see some 64DD emulation as well but squall_leonhart put it best which is most unfortunate for Project64.

Somewhat related, there is Famicom Disk System emulation for some NES emulators and the hardware is just as much fail as the 64DD hardware.

Mozilla FireFox and The Angry Video Game Nerd aren't gods.
Old 15th March 2011, 07:28 PM

Thanks for the responses everyone. Thanks for being polite about it and I just ask that you keep this in the back of your head when planning further releases or Project64.
Old 16th March 2011, 03:46 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Yep, actually there was a thread here recently of someone who is looking at 64DD emulation, also some progress elsewhere from another site that someone is modifying the Project Unreality emulator to have some 64DD support. Still interest in the design so no doubt it will come later.

^^^ yeah iirc he just has the few games that were legally backed up to disk to test on the emulator, at least that's what I remember he said about the future idea for a GCN emulator to buy a bunch of games to test

Tags
64dd