Old 4th July 2013, 01:38 AM

Unhappy Black Screen?!

I just downloaded PJ64 and fiddled with it for 3 HOURS STRAIGHT. I'd like to know what's going on, as after fixing TONS of errors, I hit a wall: Black screen and no sound on start. I tried every screen resolution, every plugin and then some more, and nothing. Just starts on black screen with no picture or sound. What do I do? I'M SO DESPERATE!!! I spent an hour on forums and any problems like mine were unanswered. Just so you know my graphics card is Intel: HD Graphics family and the game I'm trying to run is the newest version of SM64: Star Road. Please help me, kind community!
Old 4th July 2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisGamer View Post
I just downloaded PJ64 and fiddled with it for 3 HOURS STRAIGHT. I'd like to know what's going on, as after fixing TONS of errors, I hit a wall: Black screen and no sound on start. I tried every screen resolution, every plugin and then some more, and nothing. Just starts on black screen with no picture or sound. What do I do? I'M SO DESPERATE!!! I spent an hour on forums and any problems like mine were unanswered. Just so you know my graphics card is Intel: HD Graphics family and the game I'm trying to run is the newest version of SM64: Star Road. Please help me, kind community!
I can't download the file. But sources have told me that changing the memory size in ROM settings is likely to resolve the problem. Lots of people are having problems, so don't feel alone. This is a hack and therefore there's no guarantee that emulators will fully support it.

Toshiba Satellite P850 31L. (Laptop)
Intel Core I7 3630QM 2.4GHZ. (3.4GHZ Turbo)
4 Cores, 8 Threads, 6MB Cache, Graphics Support.
NVIDIA Geforce GT 640M. (Set to PJ64).
64 Bit Operating System On Windows 8 Basic.
8GB RAM DDR3 (1600MHZ) & (625MHZ GC + 2GB Memory).
AfterGlow AX.1 Xbox 360 Wired Controller.
Old 6th July 2013, 05:49 PM

Default Same Here...

I'm getting the same problem with Majora's Mask on the recent version of PJ64. However, I have seen that the ROM works with version 1.6.... Also, when I hit the "x" in the corner to close the program and later re-open it, I get a dialog box that says "Project64 is currently running - terminate pid 8272 now?" (I don't know what this means, just that it's probably important.)

So I guess I'm looking for two things:
1) Is there any way to fix this black screen? I've heard this ROM settings trick as well but how would I do that?
2) Is there a way to transfer my saves so that they can be used in the 1.6 version?

Thanks for any help...

Last edited by TheOber; 6th July 2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 6th July 2013, 05:56 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Saves can easily be transferred just by renaming their file names to the ones 1.6 reads/writes.

No idea why you guys would be getting black screen.
Maybe for using a HLE video plugin with LLE RSP dll or "Use High Level GFX ?" unchecked?
Old 6th July 2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
Saves can easily be transferred just by renaming their file names to the ones 1.6 reads/writes.

No idea why you guys would be getting black screen.
Maybe for using a HLE video plugin with LLE RSP dll or "Use High Level GFX ?" unchecked?
What is the format of the 1.6 saves - what needs to be changed?
Old 6th July 2013, 10:43 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Perhaps you didn't finish reading my answer completely?

Saves can easily be transferred, just by changing the file name, like I said.
They are in the save file format, controlled only by the game, not the emulator.