Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 23rd July 2015, 07:35 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

That kinda sucks.
Seriously,FUCK anyone pulling this shit outside of April!

@LuigiBlood: Well now,as long as you're here,feel free to check out my massive collection of Gameshark codes in the cheat forums section within a few threads I created,some threads ended up on page 2.
There is a LOT of codes for many games including my infamous "no frameskip" codes for Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie,despite unfortunate side-effects causing timing issues,freezes,and softlocks.
Old 23rd July 2015, 07:36 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

What a nice joke ...

Still i hope to see one day a real kick ass proto appearing somewhere.

Eternal Darkness is one of my little dream in this respect
Old 23rd July 2015, 07:37 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

What a shameless plug.

Anyway:
#4: I undid the changes, and checked the serial number on the one that's most visible: same one.

At least the fake Ura Zelda on my website was released on April 1st.
Old 23rd July 2015, 07:40 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Man this thread got busy quick!

So many Ninja'd "s" going on.

What happens when you boot that fake URA Zelda April Fools one?

Edit: It's not like I make money off of my cheats. ... XD
Old 23rd July 2015, 07:43 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
Man this thread got busy quick!

So many Ninja'd "s" going on.

What happens when you boot that fake URA Zelda April Fools one?
Unexpectedly, OoT crashes. Not even an error on screen.
However, if you change the System Area with a normal N64 cartridge header (with proper boot address), and run it, you have this video playing, with some Reggie's "I suck at Smash" before that: youtube. c o m /watch?v=WeRR1O43_9w

EDIT:
#5: I checked the Serial Number: I know the owner of those disks and I can tell you that they have nothing in them.
In fact they weren't even touched once. They had defects in the formatting (Nintendo made a note about it in the SDK).

Last edited by LuigiBlood; 23rd July 2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 24th July 2015, 04:39 AM
Project Supporter

Location: Canada; a place with free universal healthcare and f*ckload of oil and Uranium.

You suck, go kill yourself...

Yeah, I went there.

Anyways, my suggestion for N64 Cartridge and N64DD Disk documentation similar to redump.org still stands, and I hope at least a few devs will agree and figure something out. Also, has anybody managed to dump the PAL pifdata.bin, and the PAL equivalents of the point-slope and slope intercept RDP ROM's? 'Cause I can't find anywhere on the goddamn Internet. Google has not been my friend lately.
Old 24th July 2015, 09:51 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGnashburg View Post
You suck, go kill yourself...

Yeah, I went there.

Anyways, my suggestion for N64 Cartridge and N64DD Disk documentation similar to redump.org still stands, and I hope at least a few devs will agree and figure something out. Also, has anybody managed to dump the PAL pifdata.bin, and the PAL equivalents of the point-slope and slope intercept RDP ROM's? 'Cause I can't find anywhere on the goddamn Internet. Google has not been my friend lately.
Like a dumping guide?
For disk dumping using my dumper is enough, and I made it simple enough. The downside is just that it only works on 64drive. I made the source available, so if someone wants to make it work on Everdrive 64, be my guest, and tell me about it so I can link to it.
EDIT: I'll also gladly put more dumps to my site.

Also, PAL pifdata.bin was dumped for a while. I forgot where I got it though. EDIT3: Found the link but I don't think I should post it here.

EDIT2: About adding proper 64DD support to Project64, I'm not gonna do it. At least not yet. I still don't know the ins and outs of Project64 to really be able to pull that off. (I already have enough trouble to make it work on CEN64 and mupen64plus)

Last edited by LuigiBlood; 24th July 2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 24th July 2015, 02:25 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I suppose #6, we've seen dumps and leaks get through, through various people and channels involved with their origin in some way already. But this guy's story, doesn't suggest he was involved. Kind of made it sound like he's a random Nintendo fan one of the original game devs just randomly felt like mailing out the rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiBlood View Post
EDIT2: About adding proper 64DD support to Project64, I'm not gonna do it. At least not yet. I still don't know the ins and outs of Project64 to really be able to pull that off. (I already have enough trouble to make it work on CEN64 and mupen64plus)
Yeah not much of a m64p person, but let us know when you pull it off with mupen64plus working with 64DD stuff. As it's intended to have it working in the libretro fork of it, based on analysis of your commits. Can you say any easy test ROMs which aren't as likely to fail with more basic support?
Old 24th July 2015, 02:30 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
Yeah not much of a m64p person, but let us know when you pull it off with mupen64plus working with 64DD stuff. As it's intended to have it working in the libretro fork of it, based on analysis of your commits. Can you say any easy test ROMs which aren't as likely to fail with more basic support?
Polygon Studio is actually a best bet to have it boot on m64p because the Paint Studio conversion somehow does not work. But on Project64 I would have used Paint Studio if I did some development myself.
I also have a ROM to test functions called "leoulx".

Tags
n64, n64dd, zelda oot