Old 17th March 2015, 05:25 AM

Default 3D Analyze

Could the software renderer known as 3D Analyze be used to fix the Intel depth buffer issues on Jabo's video plugin? If so, what settings would have to be applied? Because I can't make sense of all the GFX-jargon.

This is the program window, showing the settings that can be applied:
Old 17th March 2015, 05:49 PM
Project Supporter

I highly doubt it, updating your graphics drivers will fix issues, disabling certain API features in hopes of getting this to run will most likely not work (and this thing is old as hell from 2003)

That said I guess trying the Z-Buffer options might lead to some results, but I don't think they will really help. What is your actual card though?

Last edited by V1del; 17th March 2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 18th March 2015, 08:44 PM

Try the "force 24 bit zbuffer (without stencil)" checkbox. It may fix the texture depth issues that still exist in the newest intel IGPs.

Older Intel IGPs (HD Graphics 3000 and prior) are a lot messier with textures, I doubt that can be fixed without modifying the graphics plugin (which was done with Rice Video, but Jabo no longer works on his plugins).
Old 18th March 2015, 09:02 PM

Just tried it, and indeed that checkbox fixes the textures on a Intel HD Graphics 4400. Meaning Jabo plugins can now be used properly on that IGP and above (don't know if it also works with HD Graphics 4000).

Nice finding. Now if we could find a better method to force a 24-bit zbuffer...
Old 20th March 2015, 03:08 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1del View Post
[...]I guess trying the Z-Buffer options might lead to some results, but I don't think they will really help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcodeplus View Post
Try the "force 24 bit zbuffer (without stencil)" checkbox. It may fix the texture depth issues that still exist in the newest intel IGPs.
>mfw it actually worked

This is a groundbreaking discovery! Intel users the world over shall kiss the very ground at your feet, worship you like a god!

...Well, they probably won't actually do that, but it's still pretty sweet.

Spread the word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcodeplus View Post
Older Intel IGPs (HD Graphics 3000 and prior) are a lot messier with textures, I doubt that can be fixed without modifying the graphics plugin (which was done with Rice Video, but Jabo no longer works on his plugins).
What do you mean by "messier"? I have an HD 2000 and the depth buffer issue is really the only problem I have with Jabo's plugin (then again, it's because of that issue that I barely use Jabo's plugin at all, so maybe I'd notice more problems with extended gameplay). Unlike my old computer where the textures slowly spiraled down into the depths of hell and eventually crashed Project64.
Old 20th March 2015, 06:29 AM

I had a computer with Intel HD Graphics 3000 (still have it, but it has no hard disk), and aside from the depth issue, textures usually literally moved around and were improperly applied over surfaces. Try playing Ocarina of Time and see if the floor in the Lost Woods doesn't shift over everywhere.
Old 25th March 2015, 12:50 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

This works for me and fixes the problem I had in Kirby64. I'd still rather just use Rice though, for such games.
Old 15th May 2019, 10:49 AM

Default ,

!

:
, / ;
, ;
, ;

:
, email ;
;
, FB, ;

44- 223-, , . . .