Old 20th August 2009, 12:23 AM

Talking the final question

emmet emmet emmet you just dont get it do you. we want a straight awnser is it legal or not yes or no select one please
Old 20th August 2009, 12:28 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Thanks for these resources.
Of course, I just went off the idea that an emulator was copying something.

Patent then would make more sense.
As far as subtracting from legality, to apply here would be "copying the copyrighted".

To the other one, I wasn't intent on conspiring against any development or emulators and didn't question where the situation was "legal". I was only curious as to an idea where it might not be entirely legal.

As to it not being copyrighted, that is their design.
Old 20th August 2009, 01:13 AM

Angry hello?

what is the problem with awnsering stuff normal please say yes or no
Old 20th August 2009, 04:23 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhoopllaa View Post
what is the problem with awnsering stuff normal please say yes or no
The problem about answering stuff normal is that you only give us 50 minutes total since you asked the first time before getting angry. That, and trying to decipher your grammar, or lack thereof.

Long story short:
If you live in the US,
AND
You own:
1. An N64 system
2. The maximum number of controllers you would use
3. A physical copy of every rom/game you play using project 64
THEN yes you are "legal".

That's a very short and awful way of saying it, because 'technically' you're not legal. Just because US law says something does not mean that US courts have to follow that law. You will be hard pressed to find a court in the US that will convict someone who is simply playing a rom on the computer if they have already purchased the means to play it from Nintendo in the 'normal' way.

So there you go. However, be aware that if a court finds you guilty, it's not my fault.

And I am sorry if I rambled a bit on this thread in general. If I have bothered anyone, please accept my apologies for spamming it.
Old 20th August 2009, 10:22 PM

Smile thanks

thanks i am just going to take it as no but your not going to be caught
Old 21st August 2009, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Unknown View Post
Someone takes your paid for DVD video and copies it, and the gives it back like its nothing. Now tell me that didn't seem wrong, not one bit, your hard earned money means nothing if you just let others just take a copy.
You didn't pay for the movie. You paid for a pressed DVD and a license to play the DVD's content on a region-locked and approved DVD player. Isn't that what's (ethically) wrong, here?
Old 24th August 2009, 02:53 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFi6 View Post
You didn't pay for the movie. You paid for a pressed DVD and a license to play the DVD's content on a region-locked and approved DVD player. Isn't that what's (ethically) wrong, here?
LOL. Good jab good fellow, good jab.
Old 24th August 2009, 03:28 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Thread and question sucks! bury it i say!!!

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 15th September 2009, 03:15 PM

yeah but what happens when someone wants to release a n64 compilation on a future system, or even more games on the wii. You guys have already watered down the N64 scene. nobody will buy those compilations or downloads if you guys are playing them on the puter. Not really "abandonded".
If anything I think that's a little more illegal to charge money for this. You know you guys are making money off others hard work, I guarantee goldeneye took more time than any of you put into this. Yet you're riding those heels. Nobody would want this emulator if it wasn't for the copyrighted material!!!!!!Period.
I think half of you taking money for this are crooks (please beta test for me!!!). And the others that paid......please. I got mine for free where you guys log in to say that they're full of viruses. Works fine for me. If you want to "donate" give Tom Spiers $20 and get GameEx you won't regret it.
You guys are prima donnas for bitching everybody out when all they ask is when will it be released for free. Are all you MFers making money off this? Don't think so, I've never paid for an emulator and never will. unless you OWN an original on a cart or a disk or even your name on a copyright, it is illegal. I'm finished....... Block, and Ban.
Old 15th September 2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khonesty View Post
I got mine for free where you guys log in to say that they're full of viruses. Works fine for me.
Before I get banned I forgot to add, Good Work. but it should be free...