Old 9th July 2016, 10:00 PM

Default Mario Party 99 Star-Cheat is broken!

I know this is a very old game, since it's the very first Mario Party.
But did you guys know, that there is a cheat for each player, that can let you have 99 Stars?
It's too bad, that this cheat is completly broken!

Because if you change your counter with this cheat to 99 stars, it seems like you've got infinite stars!
Even when I turn this cheat off, it's still active! Deactivate all Cheats doesn't work either!

When a COM-Player steals a star from me, the counter won't decrease!
I still have 99 Stars and with this bug, you can't finish the game!

When the Party ends and you reach the screen with the results, all of your coins and stars will be transfered into your Coin Box.
But the thing is, since this cheat gave you not 99 Stars, but an infinite amount, you'll be stuck forever in the Resultscreen!

And even if the Total Star-Counter reaches 100 Stars, you can't go any further!
There will still be stars added to your Coin-Box and you can't push any buttons to skip this!

The cheat is E8634E94 59?? and you have to change the ?? into either 5A for 0 Stars or into B6 for 99 Stars.
There is no other option for this cheat, so what can I do about this stupid bug?
Old 9th July 2016, 10:35 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link View Post
I know this is a very old game, since it's the very first Mario Party.
But did you guys know, that there is a cheat for each player, that can let you have 99 Stars?
It's too bad, that this cheat is completly broken!

Because if you change your counter with this cheat to 99 stars, it seems like you've got infinite stars!
Even when I turn this cheat off, it's still active! Deactivate all Cheats doesn't work either!

When a COM-Player steals a star from me, the counter won't decrease!
I still have 99 Stars and with this bug, you can't finish the game!

When the Party ends and you reach the screen with the results, all of your coins and stars will be transfered into your Coin Box.
But the thing is, since this cheat gave you not 99 Stars, but an infinite amount, you'll be stuck forever in the Resultscreen!

And even if the Total Star-Counter reaches 100 Stars, you can't go any further!
There will still be stars added to your Coin-Box and you can't push any buttons to skip this!

The cheat is E8634E94 59?? and you have to change the ?? into either 5A for 0 Stars or into B6 for 99 Stars.
There is no other option for this cheat, so what can I do about this stupid bug?
just change the value to ZERO stars. .
Old 10th July 2016, 01:53 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

The site Gamehacking.org is extremely useful for converting that kind of code to a cleaner format,which is encrypted xploder64,simply put it in the main n64 page's code converter and set parameters to xploder and encrypted and hit process code,look below for the results.

800FFB3C 00??
Old 1st August 2016, 12:34 PM

Is there any method, to change a US-Code into an Europe-Code?
It's pretty unfair, that the Europe-Version of Mario Party only has 9 Codes in total! Mario Party (USA) has 90 Codes!

The same goes for Mario Party 2 where 23 Codes are avaible for the Europe-Version and 102 Codes for the US-Version.
I can't use the US-Codes, because Project64 won't let me save the cheats.

The only thing I want, is a Europe-Version of the Code for the Coins-Modifier in the Main Menu.
It's E9642896 595A (Encrypted, Xplorer64) for the US-Version. Please help!
Old 1st August 2016, 06:07 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

You are either clearly doing something wrong for it not saving them or more likely,its the two process save lockout issue that can only be dealt with by ending the process tasks.

Right click the clock area of the taskbar to quickly reach task manager via the option and click the processes tab within it. (unless on Windows 10 and if it removed that option)
Now you should see Project64's process name in there and 2 of them if the saving lockout happened,right click those process names to "end task" on them,you will not have them saved,but after placing them in again,they would,but you still can't properly use them on the Europe version because they are mismatched and will likely cause crazy glitches and/or crashing.

Porting them would only require some basic memory viewer steps if a code doesn't exist in your region's version and in the case a simple math port fails.

My math port attempt of the decryption's Gameshark/Action Replay code via a hex calculator website on my Shield TV Pro,try it to see if it worked.

Main Menu Coin Modifier
810F9932 ????
Put in the code,enable it,then restart the game to make sure the amount updates,try 0101 for 257 Coins as a test,then choose the amount you want if the test succeeded.
0000=No Coins
0009=9 Coins
0063=99 Coins
0100=256 Coins
0101=257 Coins

Code entering tips: When the game is running,press Ctrl+C to open the cheats,click the bar on the right that has an arrow to open the cheat adding menu then hit new cheat to empty it first and fill in the name and put in the code with your desired value and hit add new cheat.
To edit the code,open the right again and select that code in the list,change the value and then hit apply to update the cheat with your new value.

Last edited by retroben; 1st August 2016 at 06:16 PM.