Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 7th March 2017, 04:47 PM
Maniac Maniac is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3
Question "Plugin initializing" takes a long time - WMI Provider Host

When I first launch Project 64 (2.3.2.202) and launch a rom, the status bar sits on "Plugin initializing" for a long time and "WMI Provider Host" uses a lot of CPU. When it finishes, the rom launches and the "WMI Provider Host" CPU usage goes away.

I'm on Windows 10 64 bit. Any ideas? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 9th March 2017, 01:22 AM
xnoobsaucex xnoobsaucex is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Default Please help

I am having the same exact problem as well. Its not game breaking but an inconvenience none the less.

Edit: Windows 10 and 64 bit also

Last edited by xnoobsaucex; 9th March 2017 at 01:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 9th March 2017, 04:53 AM
RPGMaster's Avatar
RPGMaster RPGMaster is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,930
Default

That's probably caused by the NRage Input plugin.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 9th March 2017, 05:12 AM
retroben's Avatar
retroben retroben is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 631
Default

Don't know if mine has the WMI thing going nuts,but I also got slow game launching speeds in at least 2.3.0 but even after one point of removing the NRage plugin to try another one at an attempt to test it on Conker,but for whatever reason,Conker just fails to run or crashes,regardless if on default settings or after I tried a tinkered setup that worked in older PJ64 versions.

I really don't understand why Conker crashes in the newer 2.3 versions on Windows.
It makes more sense for it to fail on Android but not on Windows.
Its not the other input plugin either because another game ran fine with it in use.

Game launch speeds were not affected on earlier PJ64 versions with NRage present,so I don't think that is related in this scenario as it usually only makes plugin settings take longer to open.

I think I actually remember that it was after a Win10 update when settings starting taking forever to open for me,regardless its still really irritating how much time it wastes over how fast those parts opened before.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11th March 2017, 02:45 AM
Frank74's Avatar
Frank74 Frank74 is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 606
Default

Must be a Windows 10 problem with a recent update. Conker's works fine here on latest Project64. And I don't get any delay in plugin initializing. But I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24th March 2017, 07:45 PM
BOWi BOWi is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4
Default

I had to launch the game in compatibility mode (Win7) so it would work. Damn Win10!!!

Maybe dev could fix this.

(I received my Retrode today. I was upset to see that the emulator wasn't working anymore.)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 7th April 2017, 04:25 PM
Maniac Maniac is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Sorry for the late response, apparently this forum isn't emailing responses for subscribed threads.

Compatibility mode for Win7 didn't fix the Plugin Initializing delay for me.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 7th April 2017, 05:18 PM
Melchior's Avatar
Melchior Melchior is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Sorry for the late response, apparently this forum isn't emailing responses for subscribed threads.
NOPE! lol I have already sent Zilmar a PM about it...

Quote:
from Zilmar's PM reply:
Probably something is broken, I think I really need to spend some time on the server over some of the other tasks .. I will see next week if I can separate the forum out and see if I can fix all the issues.
__________________
(PC Specs)
CPU: AMD FX-9590 4.7GHz 8-core
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1-4
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
GPU: nVidia GTX 750Ti SC 2GB
GFX Drivers: Nvidia v381.89
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
RAM: 16GB Kingston 1866MHz DDR3

Favorite Emulators:
PS2 : PCSX2 (Auto-Builds)
SNES : ZSNES

My PJ64 setup:
EXE : v2.4.0.150
GFX : PJ64Glide64 (v2.2.0.150)
SPU : Jabo_Dsound (v1.7.0.7)
INPUT : NRage(v2.5.3.150)
RSP : RSP (v1.7.4.150)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20th April 2017, 05:28 PM
Maniac Maniac is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
That's probably caused by the NRage Input plugin.
Just tested it, yes it is. I tried version 2.3c and that has the problem too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.