Old 19th November 2008, 09:03 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Leonhart View Post
I believe the cheats i found for the upgradeable quest items (bomb bag,.. wallet etc) use a better naming scheme in my MQ U cheats, since the cheat used actually enables 2 items at a time, or work only in certain configs, the same goes for the MQ and OoT cheats on other regions, the cheats don't just enable 1 thing at a time :\
I had migrated your codes and fixed the formatting so that PJ64 will recognise them as codes... so the naming scheme should be similar to yours, I havn't changed it...
Also, on top of what I said above, you listen here okay?! Look closely at this fist, if you so much as smell it wrong it'll impose itself onto your face okay?! You think you tough? I bet behind that PC you're just a timid old clown capable of nothing but wackin the sackin. You smell me tigga?!
Old 23rd November 2008, 04:23 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Default Mario 64 (U): Are These Decent

[I tried creating a new thread but the vBulletin granny slapped me with the Thank you for posting! If you opted to post a poll, you may now do so! *redirects me to an unchanged forum*]

Maybe these are worth including in the database?

Code:
Always Full Health
8033B21E 0008

Lean Modifier
8033B3C0 00??
//00 0 degrees
//40 90 degrees
//80 180 degrees
//C0 270 degrees
The first was a memory search I did to correct the current cheat code that claimed infinite health but only immunized Mario from damage. The exception was to substances like lava or freezing water, so I couldn't hop around on my ass laughing it off for a living because Mario would die as usual. This is the true constantly updating health cheat.

I also tried to make a speed modifier cheat code. I tried twice creating compare base, run, return increased values, stop, return decreased values, over and over to single out two addresses that might change Mario's speed. One of them didn't work, but the other one was his angle of lean (which logically adjusts to higher speeds). So I thought that was cool. :S
Old 3rd December 2008, 02:09 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Making one's own cheats, huh? Now, suppose I wanted to create size-modifying cheats (for a main character or boss) in a game like, oh, Castlevania LOD, where would be the best place to start? Since PJ64 1.7 has a memory editor...
Old 23rd August 2009, 02:27 PM
Project Supporter

Hi id be very interested in using PJ64 to creat cheats, i curently use emucheat but i still have a problem trying to get 1.7 to work, i keep getting a error message about not beeing registered, and the beta forum/site never remembers my details so ive gone back to gud ol 1.6
Old 23rd August 2009, 10:38 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

If you would like the registration security fixed / otherwise modified contact mud.
Old 23rd June 2011, 04:23 AM
Project Supporter

I recommend Cheat Engine, it has a good memory scanner.

Also OllyDbg for more advance hacks

I created some C++ tools for working remotely with a process's memory @ jesus7freak.net
Old 24th June 2011, 07:54 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Last edited by HatCat; 13th April 2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 27th July 2013, 05:56 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Default Calling all coders!

I know this is not a place to make requests,but I want to find someone that can make the pointer code/code engine around the 801A0000-80200000 region in Banjo-Tooie so that the codes that I and maybe some codes that someone else found can find their way to always work no matter what.

Calling all coders with expert N64 pointer code and code engine experience to make these Banjo-Tooie codes work!
Old 28th July 2013, 01:34 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Didn't understand a damn word you said.
Old 28th July 2013, 08:45 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I am trying to find someone that can create a special "master" code for Banjo-Tooie.

This "master" code is supposed to actually set up a pointer system for codes in the 80190000-80200000 range so that the codes IN that range can work anywhere and all the time after making the equivalent pointer-based gameshark code.

Pointer codes are a special type of code that automatically sets codes to their new address position whenever the address data itself changes its location.

You will understand this if you ever used them on cheat engine.

So when the exampled 801A9C72 address changes to 801C41C2,the pointer code automatically changes the pointed code to the proper address internally using an offset value.

The best example is the already existing pointer engine code for Banjo-Tooie that makes codes in the 80120000-80140000? range like Moon Jump work.

Although,the particular moon jump code does not fully work correctly,it only goes to the highest surface that you are next to,and then you start bouncing in place after you reach this height limit,unable to moon jump any higher.

Last edited by retroben; 28th July 2013 at 08:50 PM.