Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 27th January 2013, 01:29 AM
Project Supporter

Default Project 64 1.7 doesn't show me ROM names

I was running into an error crashing out Project64 1.6, and when I did a little searching, I found someone suggested upgrading to 1.7. With the bugs in 1.6, and the just about ignored dates put out there for updates, and the years and years of no update while things continue to be unstable, I find it a bit annoying that it was difficult to obtain a copy of 1.7, but the search I did that led to that solution did have a version available. So, now I installed that, and pointed it to my rom directory, and each and every rom is listed as

BAD ROM? Use GoodN64 & check for updated RDB

I appreciate your concern in questioning the quality of my roms....but they open and work fine. I'm not sure why you've decided to make this unnecessary warning completely disable the useful listing of the game titles. This is absolutely useless. Plus....what in the heck is a GoodN64? Thanks for disabling my listing to suggest I use something I know nothing about without offering anything like an explanation.

So, I google, and find a download for GoodN64. What is it? How do I use it?

So, I found a gui one could use with it....once again, not sure what I"m doing. Since your error, which is pointing out problems that I don't have, doesn't tell me what in the heck it wants me to do, even with the program you suggest I use, I still don't know what it is YOU WANT FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

So....how do I fix this?
Old 27th January 2013, 02:56 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators View Post
I still don't know what it is YOU WANT FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

So....how do I fix this?
For starters, it might be nice if you supported the developers.
Old 27th January 2013, 03:00 AM
Project Supporter

Any of the developers are free to enjoy any of the quad to dvd-a conversions I've created as a hobby in my free time. I'd even gladly burn copies and mail them.
Old 27th January 2013, 08:38 AM
Project Supporter

Found a solution to this. I started searching on what this RDB thing it was asking for a new one of, and found a file I could download and save in the directory, and now it lists the roms.
Old 27th January 2013, 08:23 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Any of the developers are free to enjoy any of the quad to dvd-a conversions I've created as a hobby in my free time. I'd even gladly burn copies and mail them.
i can h4z free MIDI-to-DVD converter?

(also, why is it that since 2.0, the amount of 1.7 threads is doubled instead of just asking about 2.0 xD)
Old 28th January 2013, 04:14 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

no support for 1.7 versions for non contributors

1.6 would run the game fine with a updated rdb.... but you really should've asked for help here before going and annoying us all by getting it from a probably infected source.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 28th January 2013, 05:40 AM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall_leonhart View Post
no support for 1.7 versions for non contributors

1.6 would run the game fine with a updated rdb.... but you really should've asked for help here before going and annoying us all by getting it from a probably infected source.
Well, aren't you all holier than thou.

1.6 doesn't work as good as 1.7, for one thing the sound usually has regular dropouts in 1.6, which I don't have with 1.7.

Plus, the crashing in 1.6 didn't have anything to do with the issue I had in 1.7.

I also find it a bit ridiculous that one would expect one to donate to a cause that hasn't released anything in, what, over 5 years now? The most information I could find was that in 2008 it was suggested the next version would be out in 2010.

But, whatever, withold the goods and the help, I'm good here now anyways. And my offer still stands, although it seems no one here really understands my offer since it has nothing to do with midi.
Old 28th January 2013, 06:35 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Well, aren't you all holier than thou.

1.6 doesn't work as good as 1.7, for one thing the sound usually has regular dropouts in 1.6, which I don't have with 1.7.

Plus, the crashing in 1.6 didn't have anything to do with the issue I had in 1.7.

I also find it a bit ridiculous that one would expect one to donate to a cause that hasn't released anything in, what, over 5 years now? The most information I could find was that in 2008 it was suggested the next version would be out in 2010.

But, whatever, withold the goods and the help, I'm good here now anyways. And my offer still stands, although it seems no one here really understands my offer since it has nothing to do with midi.
If you weren't a thief, you would have access to beta that was updated as of, oh, I don't know... last week?
Old 28th January 2013, 06:46 AM
Project Supporter

I download a free program, have an error with it, do a google search on the error, find an update that someone posted, downloaded and installed it, and now I come here asking for help and have people insulting me and calling me a theif?

It's not like I decided "you know what? This free program is so great....let me go see if I can actively find something to steal from the people that made this..."

I just went looking for a solution to an error and my search led me to a new version....now you act as if I'm some sort of villain that has gone out of my way to steal from you.

Well, I fixed my problem, so take this bulls#!& and go screw yourselves! You aren't going to drum up any support treating people with questions like this.
Old 28th January 2013, 06:58 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
I download a free program, have an error with it, do a google search on the error, find an update that someone posted, downloaded and installed it, and now I come here asking for help and have people insulting me and calling me a theif?

It's not like I decided "you know what? This free program is so great....let me go see if I can actively find something to steal from the people that made this..."

I just went looking for a solution to an error and my search led me to a new version....now you act as if I'm some sort of villain that has gone out of my way to steal from you.

Well, I fixed my problem, so take this bulls#!& and go screw yourselves! You aren't going to drum up any support treating people with questions like this.
Aww, did someone steal your sweet roll? You're no going to get support for a program that was never rightfully obtained in the first place.
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Closed Thread