Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 23rd October 2012, 03:14 AM

I seem to be having similar issues. I am using a N64 (non-nintendo) controller, through the Mayflash adapter. I am also currently using the N-Rage Input Plugin V2 2.3c as that has been the most successful so far.

My issues is that Windows recognizes the c-buttons on the controller if I go through control panel. PJ64 recognizes the c-buttons in the Controller Setup as z-axis and z-rotation. The problem is that when I am running a game, none of the c-buttons are recognized by the game.

Has anybody else seen this issue or have a good idea of where to start troubleshooting the problem?

Thanks for your help
Old 23rd October 2012, 03:28 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Z and ZR axis work fine with nrage

make sure you set Z-, Z+ and RZ-, RZ+ in the plugin settings and click SAVE rather than USE

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall_leonhart View Post
make sure you set Z-, Z+ and RZ-, RZ+ in the plugin settings and click SAVE rather than USE
I went through and made sure everything was set. It still recognized the Z-&+ and RZ-&+ just fine in the configuration. I did click save, but the buttons are not still recognized while a rom is running. I have also tried this with about 10 different roms.
Old 23rd October 2012, 03:21 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

then the problem is elsewhere. :|

maybe a bad cheat enabled, or something wrong with the rom.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Last edited by squall_leonhart; 23rd October 2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 21st November 2012, 02:23 AM

I use a Logitech wingman rumbler. Perfect for N64 games since it has the, a,b, and c buttons in the right places. If a game needs to use, L, R and Z at the same time, I set the left shoulder to Z the right shoulder to R and up on the right analog stick to L.
Old 21st November 2012, 09:05 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Sad. A full page #1 of this thread, and not one person even replied to the original post/question helpfully.

I don't mind being an ass and dicking around playfully at times at whatnot (although to a humored, non-trolling extent, unlike fuxxelwuffer, who just can't resist trolling to deduct from his own upset shame), but you guys should at least make an effort to address the OP/thread issue while you're at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheylillian View Post
Hi guys, I'm playing Zelda OoT and as we know, the C buttons are really vital to continuing on in the game. My issue is that my home button is actually a function button under my keypad 7 (Acer makes terrible computers for gaming, since there is no actual pg down or up, home or end buttons by themselves.) So I tried to change the controls for the P64 and it doesn't do anything. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I can do so that I can continue on in the game? Thanks!
In case you didn't notice, most people don't use the keyboard, but that could just be the default keyboard controls you're using under DirectInput plugins like Jabo's. It's unfortunate but most of these N64 input plugins really don't have a solid keyboard layout or just base off of PSX emus.

Traditionally, I used the numeric keypad "NUMPAD": 8 for Up-C, 2 for Down-C, 4 for Left-C, 6 for Right-C.

You're right you can't use Home/Delete/End/PgDwn for the C-buttons on every computer because not all keyboards support this as it turns out; unfortunately it's the default Jabo's DInput just uses.

More recently, I started using this config for C-buttons thanks to somebody else:
'L', 'P', '"', ';', for Left-/Up-/Right-/Down-C buttons

He was the ONLY person, who actually sat down in a discussion with me and was willing to debate what the best keyboard controls should be!

The rest of y'all niggas were too passive, so I adopted his controls into my keyboard plugin.

tl;dr OT, two good methods for C-buttons on keyboard
Old 22nd February 2016, 03:50 AM

My C buttons wasnít working with my project64 v2.2, so I deleted it. Now I use project64 v1.6 with the Jabo patch plugin for project64 v1.6 and every buttons works. C BUTTONS WORKS!!!! Go on Google , search this & click the link ~~~>>> Jabosoft.com - Project64 1.6.1 (Nintendo64 Emulator) <<<~~~ Project64 v1.6 and the Jabo patch plugin for project64 v1.6 are there.

Note : If you use project64 v1.6, I bet your C buttons will works even if you donít have the Jabo patch plugin for project64 v1.6.

And use emuparadise website to download any rom, from any console.

Helper1234

Tags
c buttons, new controls, oot, zelda