Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 20th April 2009, 10:35 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgp1994 View Post
So how about the texture pack now?
Can you verify some other properties?
Right-click the game for this you have installed in the list of games installed to Project64 in its games browser, and choose "Rom Information".

Tell the values given here / maybe a screenshot.
Old 5th April 2010, 10:07 PM
Project Supporter

Sorry to reply to such an old thread, but it seems to have died before it was ever resolved. I am running pj64 1.6, with rice's video plugin 5.5.1. I am trying to use the aforementioned cloudscape's texture pack for SM64. My textures files reside in ..\Project64\Plugin\hires_textures\Super Mario 64. I have verified that Super Mario 64 is the internal name of my rom, and I still don't notice any difference when I run the game.

I am not totally sure that I understood the previous instructions about the settings for rice's plugin. This is the first time that I have tried to use hi-res texture packs, and I don't know if I am missing a step.

Thanks in advance
Old 6th April 2010, 02:43 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

5XX versions of the plug-in don't support retexturing.

More commonly used versions of Rice's Video Plugin with support for texture replacement are 6.1.0 and 6.1.1 tenth beta.

You seem to have the replacement textures installed right; you just have to set the option to load them. First though as I have said, this option is available if you upgrade from the version of the plug-in you specified.

The most convenient way to upgrade actually is to use mudlord's continuation since Rice's latest beta.
https://ricevideo.bountysource.com/
Old 14th April 2010, 03:49 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswedlow View Post
5XX versions of the plug-in don't support retexturing.
Thanks for the tip. In all of the texture packs I had been looking at said they were for Rice's plugin, but none had specified anything about version 6+. I have been testing out mudlord's plugin and Jabo's plugin, and I definately prefer Jabo's. The only problem is that I like the available texture packs for mudlord's much better.

I think that djipi is very talented, but I don't like the cartoon feel that his texture packs give the game. I have found some really cool stuff out there for OOT, but it is all for Rice's plugin. Is djipi the only one working on OOT texture packs for Jabo's plugin, or is there more out there that I am not seeing?