Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 7th August 2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsx_ View Post
blue screens dont make you lose anything
After I got the BSoD and tried to restart my laptop it kept saying something somewhere got corrupted, nothing worked so I had to use recovery disks, which in turn, gave a Factory Reset.

Quote:
"I'd wreck the devs"

this is the kind of guy who deserves help after all :P
Can you blame me for being angry that things I have stored on my computer were all lost? I didn't expect it, there was no warning so there was no backup, not that it mattered since system restore didn't work and I didn't have it stored online anywhere. I practice a lot of things from 3D modeling, 3D animation, 3D texturing, 2D art, 2D animation, programming, etc. You wouldn't be a little ticked off if you lost all of those project files which were unrecoverable? If you don't make projects that you care for then don't act like other peoples projects are meaningless to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUK3 TH3 WHAL35 View Post
Getting a BSOD seems like it'd me more hardware related than software.
Happened twice, only while using P64. Thank you for your other advice though. After that happened I remember coming here and checking the forum, other people complained about it, where even are the devs? Have they put a warning up yet?

"WARNING: Before you download, Project 64 is kill W7! Use at your own risk." Not that hard is it?
Old 8th August 2015, 02:09 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotty View Post
Happened twice, only while using P64. Thank you for your other advice though. After that happened I remember coming here and checking the forum, other people complained about it, where even are the devs? Have they put a warning up yet?

"WARNING: Before you download, Project 64 is kill W7! Use at your own risk." Not that hard is it?
Not once have I gotten a BSOD from Project64. I like how you assume that it's Project64's fault and responsibility...
Old 8th August 2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Not once have I gotten a BSOD from Project64. I like how you assume that it's Project64's fault and responsibility...
I like how you assume I had anything else running at the time. Never happened at any point before I used P64, never happened again after I stopped using P64. Do you even use W7?
Old 8th August 2015, 06:08 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

pj64 can cause a bsod yes, but losing data from said bsod is a 1 in a million event, nobody else here has lost anything

there would have been plenty of ways to recover your projects anyway, but you chose not to research, and complain here instead.
Old 8th August 2015, 07:08 AM

Are there any known issues with P64 and Windows 8?

Last edited by Scrotty; 8th August 2015 at 07:16 AM.
Old 8th August 2015, 07:17 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotty
did you even read my reply? I said something corrupted, i only had 1 computer at the time which couldn't start up period because it kept saying something got corrupted somewhere. There was no research option, my computer couldn't start up, i couldn't do anything except restore via recovery discs. You seem to have this issue of not reading as you do it often. Let me help you.

Go back to the first page of this thread, look at that title of the op, what does it say? What do you think i wanted this entire time? A simple answer, you chose to reply to the rant in the description instead of the question i asked in the very beginning!

Nevermind, i think that'd be too hard for you. Here:

ANY ISSUES WITH WINDOWS 8.1?

now put on your bifocals. Get a screen magnifier, translator, whatever ya need.
yEAH FAIR ENOUGH, HAVING A SECOND COMPUTER TO FIND A SOLUTION WOULD HAVE BEEN IDEAL

DID SOME CHECKING, BSODS REPORTED ON THESE FORUMS SEEM TO HAPPEN ON WINDOWS 7 OR WINDOWS 10, SO YOUR ISSUE IS UNIQUE

Last edited by dsx_; 8th August 2015 at 07:20 AM.
Old 8th August 2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
yEAH FAIR ENOUGH, HAVING A SECOND COMPUTER TO FIND A SOLUTION WOULD HAVE BEEN IDEAL

DID SOME CHECKING, BSODS REPORTED ON THESE FORUMS SEEM TO HAPPEN ON WINDOWS 7 OR WINDOWS 10, SO YOUR ISSUE IS UNIQUE

Rofl, well hey, I tried to edit that post but it was too late. Still, that and your reply was funny. Also thanks for the info. :P

Last edited by Scrotty; 8th August 2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 8th August 2015, 07:30 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotty View Post
I like how you assume I had anything else running at the time. Never happened at any point before I used P64, never happened again after I stopped using P64. Do you even use W7?
You misunderstood me. I'm not "assuming" you ran other programs. I'm simply implying something else may be to blame .

I use win 7.
Old 8th August 2015, 08:59 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Lol at some people thinking it's PJ64 causing BSODs

*Goes back to playing it on Windows 7 Pro*
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way