Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 27th February 2011, 10:17 PM

Talking mario no photopie works!!!

i created an account to make this thread. i have gotten Mario no photopie to work, but not in PJ64, but in 1964 with PJ64 plugins

here is a screen shot using rice daedalus plugin 5.2.0

but more importantly look at this. near perfect gfx using jabo's direct 8 plugin:

somebody confirm this please!
Old 27th February 2011, 11:46 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

yeah its always worked in 1964 and mupen64

cant play it though, its a special cartridge with lots of whacky unemulated features
Old 27th February 2011, 11:59 PM
Project Supporter

My gosh... those snapshots were EPIC
Old 28th February 2011, 12:48 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Man it's been years. I collected all the test data I found for this game in 2007 I think; I forgot if there was a way to get it working on pj64 1.6.

IIRC it works best on Nemu64 though actually. The RiceVideo system is still well able to be used in the emulator to boot the game.
Old 28th February 2011, 01:12 AM

yeah. in PJ64 i was only to get partial sound emulation. by setting the memory default in advamced to 8mb.

Quote:
I collected all the test data I found for this game in 2007 I think
Iconoclast, do you know what the message says? i am very good with japanese, but i can't quite make it out.

hmm i tired s0ome of the over video plugins:

jabo's direct 6 only displays the error message.

all other sound plugins produce no sound except the one used

also the RSP plugin dosen't work with it.
Old 28th February 2011, 02:04 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Does the RSP interpreter work with it i.e. in the RSP config on pj64 1.6 set to use the interpreter instead of the re-compiler?

No, I never learned what the message says. I had set the video config to un-jumble the text texcels out to make it more clear, but rabiddeity said it was still broken and couldn't make it out. There is probably further filtering or something else needed to do with the rasterized text to make it legible, but again it's been years. I can try diving back into it though.
Old 28th February 2011, 02:37 AM

Quote:
No, I never learned what the message says. I had set the video config to un-jumble the text texcels out to make it more clear, but rabiddeity said it was still broken and couldn't make it out. There is probably further filtering or something else needed to do with the rasterized text to make it legible, but again it's been years. I can try diving back into it though.
hmm... if you have time. i'm wondering if it would be at all possible to try to emulate it fully, or just make a separate emulator for it.

oh. also i am trying to make a plugin for PJ64 called "pikachu's direct microphone plugin" that works with hey you pikachu, but thats getting a bit off topic.

and i'm working on a skeleton driver for the multi emulator super system for the 64DD.
Old 28th February 2011, 02:58 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

You know a little bit about the microphone device functions? I didn't think that wish was ever going to get granted. Haven't even read of anyone looking to attempt to create the support till now.

Don't know much at all about the 64DD, just that some if its extensions I remember as reading were technical features of this game, actually, "Mario no Photopie".

Alright, once I get my act together I'll be happy to look into why the text isn't properly displayed and get a valid render for it so that somebody can translate. I just have a few other hobbies to maintain first, then I'll look into getting my installation of that game back.
Old 28th February 2011, 03:09 AM

Quote:
You know a little bit about the microphone device functions? I didn't think that wish was ever going to get granted. Haven't even read of anyone looking to attempt to create the support till now.
well, i figured that the microphone for the N64 must be somewhat similar to the microphone for the gamecube. (just a guess)

one thing though, i've never made a plugin. and i don't know where to start. have any ideas? (as too start programming)

as for the 64DD, it's a bit tricky. it has a epically built in co-processor to handle Disk R/W operations, and to physically load them.

but anything is possible. i don't suppose you have heard of IPLROM being loaded in PJ64?

if not i have a binary (.bin) image that does work with the 8mb cache setting

just need to correct error 41: DATE AND TIME NOT SET.

and thanks. i would much apriciate it. i might make a standalone application for it. if i can figure out some things
Old 28th February 2011, 09:13 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

64dd emulation would be sweet.

Tags
mario, rom, working