Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 20th July 2016, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank74 View Post

https://github.com/project64/project64

You can post a link to the save there.
Ok, I made the post. Here is a link to the thread: https://github.com/project64/project64/issues/1163
Old 20th July 2016, 02:21 AM

Quote:

https://github.com/project64/project64

You can post a link to the save there.
Does the save that I put on the new post work?
Old 20th July 2016, 10:12 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroOfTheWastes View Post
Does the save that I put on the new post work?
I downloaded it ok. But it doesn't load in the newest version of Project64.
I replied on github. PJ saves were fixed a while ago, now the old quick saves don't work in the new version.

Just thought of another way.

If you load your quick save, and use the pause menu to save and quit, then copy BANJO TOOIE_Cont_1.mpk and BANJO TOOIE_Cont_1.mpk into the newer version save folder, resave in the new version PJ64. You'll have to get back to the same spot, but you'll keep any jiggies etc.

Last edited by Frank74; 20th July 2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 20th July 2016, 07:32 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Squandered the better idea.

Try different graphics plugins like Glide or Rice,ignore any slowdown if you use Glide and complete the task if the game doesn't freeze,if Glide freezes,try Rice.
Old 21st July 2016, 03:00 PM

Smile

Ok, so after waiting to see if anyone replied, I got impatient and decided to try something else. So, I searched for a Banjo-Tooie ROM and ended up getting a RAR file with four different ROMs which were named:

"Banjo to Kazooie no Daibouken 2 (J) [!].z64"

"Banjo-Tooie (A) [!].z64"

"Banjo-Tooie (U) [!].z64"

"Banjo-Tooie (E) [!].z64"

I had no idea why there were four different roms, and what was different about them. However, I noticed in the ROM browser for Project 64 that the ROM I used was named Banjo-Tooie (U). So, I tried the other Banjo-Tooie (U) that was in the RAR file to see if I would get the same problem as before. Once I loaded it up, I went to check my saves and saw that I was able to load and use my saves just like before with my original ROM. That was when I realized that the other ROMs must be different versions of the game. So, I tried Banjo-Tooie (E) and found that I couldn't load my save states, but there was a different save of the game on it (not a save state, but game save). This game save had already unlocked the plateau and still had 12 jiggies on the character. I then went to check to see if the freeze would happen on this different ROM, and when I went to the spot, it never froze. Even when I walked around the prison compound and messed around a bit. However, when I pause the game, the background is black instead of being able to see Banjo's surroundings before I paused. It doesn't bother me though because I can still see everything else and navigate it just fine. When I unpause everything is fine and the environment is no longer black like the pause screen showed. Banjo-Tooie (A) also has a pause screen background problem, but it is different in that there are colored artifacts instead of just black. I have played past Glitter Gulch Mine so far without any problems, so I have no idea what was wrong, but my assumption is that it was the ROM. There could be more too it, like the settings, or my computer's particular need to change settings in order to work with the Banjo-Tooie (U) ROM, but the (E) ROM is working for now, so I don't really have anything else to say about it until it runs into another problem; if it does.
Old 21st July 2016, 05:38 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

There's no problem with the (U) rom on the current version of Project64 on Github. No freezing in the Prison Compound anywhere. I use Glide64 For PJ64. Jabo has problems with disappearing paths etc.
Old 21st July 2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
There's no problem with the (U) rom on the current version of Project64 on Github. No freezing in the Prison Compound anywhere. I use Glide64 For PJ64. Jabo has problems with disappearing paths etc.
Like I said, it could just be that I needed to make certain tweaks on my side to get it to work with my pc because there could just be some compatibility issues with that ROM and my pc. However, I am not patient enough anymore and just want to play my game. So, I am gonna roll with the ROM that does work for now, unless you guys have any other ideas. I also tried using both Glide64 and glN64. Glide64 produced the same issue, and glN64 made everything in the environment white. I guided myself into the prison compound, with glN64 being on, and it also froze.

Tags
banjo-tooie, crash, freeze