Old 18th February 2015, 04:03 AM

Exclamation Majoras Mask Save Corrupted?

I was getting ready to leave to a friends while playing MM, so I closed my laptop and put it away. When I got to my friends house I opened my laptop and there was a graphical error. I clicked ok and there was this red line in the top left corner. I couldnt do anything and didnt want to lose my progress so I saved it with the PJ64 Save feature. Tried loading the save and it had the same error. When I start the game with out loading the save the graphics are ok. What happened!!!
Old 18th February 2015, 11:57 AM
Project Supporter

Savestates are already unstable without storing a snapshot of broken emulation. If you use the savestate feature it stores information about emulation at that point in time, so errors are included. Morale of the story, don't rely on savestates also save ingame and don't close your laptop lid which will disable your graphics card which could come back up in a broken state without saving beforehand (this doesn't even necessarily have anything to do with PJ64 but they way your OS restores your graphic card's state).
Old 18th February 2015, 12:47 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Why on earth would you use a savestate when the game is broken? All that does is reload the game while broken.
Old 18th February 2015, 07:32 PM

Default Audio still running but control inputs dont work.

Any idea why this is happening?
Old 18th February 2015, 11:42 PM
Project Supporter

As said it can be a plethora of things, your computer, your graphics card, PJ64, the plugin... its generally a bad idea to suspend your computer while it is doing 3D calculations (or while its actively doing anything really...), i'm pretty sure you are going to get issues with that regardless of if its PJ64 or a normal Windows game.

EDIT
Just saw the adjusted title, are you still talking about the broken savestate? It's a broken savestate nothing you can really do about, as said, don't rely on savestates

Last edited by V1del; 18th February 2015 at 11:44 PM.
Old 25th February 2015, 05:40 AM

Default hello world

Software engineering is the study and an application of engineering to the design, development, and maintenance of software. Typical formal definitions of software engineering are: "the application of a systematic, disciplined

Farasat