Old 23rd November 2010, 11:33 AM

Default Config Help

I'm aware this has probably been answered somewhere, but my lurking hasn't been particularly helpful so I'm just going to come out and ask.

I'm trying to set up the emulator so that I can aim with the mouse in games such as Majora's Mask. I'm using the NRage plugin that comes with 1.6, and I have the analog stick in two configs - one using keyboard keys for walking, the other using the mouse to aim. I also have a modifier set up so I can switch between the two analog stick configs, so I can move around with my keys, then bring up my bow and arrow or something, hit the toggle button and aim with my mouse.

This works for me, except for one big glitch. Despite being set up so up/down are linked to my mouse's y-axis, and left/right are linked to my mouse's x-axis, only the y-axis is actually responding. No matter how perfectly straight I move my mouse from left to right, I get no response, but it works when I move my mouse up and down.

Is there a configuration that'll fix this at all?
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:48 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

In the config for N-Rage's, under the Devices tab of whichever controller you use (presumably Controller 1 tab), there are two sensitivity control options, one for Mouse X and one for Mouse Y. Does playing around with Mouse X sensitivity help?
Old 24th November 2010, 01:48 AM

I've played around with the sensitivity settings but had no luck. Up and down are working fine, but left and right are not working whatsoever, even at 1000% sensitivity.
Old 24th November 2010, 02:31 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Weird maybe some of the macro stuff is conflicting.

Also below the x and y mouse sensitivity sliders is Deadpan/Buffered/Absolute, but I imagine that wouldn't affect this kind of issue.

You are using the version of N-Rage's bundled with Project64 1.6?
This version is out-dated. The latest official version is 1.83, but the latest overhaul version with an assortment of bug fixes is version 2.2 beta. Maybe upgrading the plugin will help with this particular issue as well--certainly other bugs known to exist on the version you're using (see release notes for details about this if you would like).

Otherwise maybe squall knows what's up. I've installed and tested a few collective mouse configurations, but I always played through games using just my keyboard.
Old 24th November 2010, 10:02 AM

I have the version 2.2 beta downloaded and in my plugins folder, but when I try to use it through P64, the emulator cannot load the plugin. Am I missing something? I am using version 1.6 of the emulator.
Old 25th November 2010, 05:12 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Correct me if I'm presuming this wrong, but since you didn't say you got any error messages, I'm going to presume for now that you didn't. For this particular plugin, it might fail to initialize and also not give any error messages.

If that's the case, well, something like that should have been discussed in the documentation specific to these versions, but this issue has to do with your operating system files I think. I never had it--just needed to add the XINPUT library, but you as well as someone else have this issue. Since squall hasn't ever answered as to the root of this, I have another idea.

Here's a slightly older version that has worked just fine for everyone iirc.
http://www.filesend.net/download.php...5b120f0ec89b31
Old 25th November 2010, 07:19 AM

Actually, I do get two error messages.

"The program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer"

and

"Failed to load plugin: C:\<Directory>\NRage_Input_V2.dll"

If it helps I'm using 64 bit Windows 7.
Old 25th November 2010, 01:08 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 25th November 2010, 07:05 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I don't understand why DirectX installation is supposed to affect the initialization of a controller plugin, but I have XINPUT1_3.DLL in the same folder as where Project64 is installed. That's how I got the 2.2 beta version to initialize on Project64.

You can either follow through squall's link or just download the library itself.
Old 25th November 2010, 09:58 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

no, he can download it properly or get no support at all.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1