Old 3rd December 2010, 02:37 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Is that like evolution or something? Because your ancestry continuously lived up North in Iowa, the descendants acquire thicker skin?
If such a thing exists I probably don't have that. My parents, theirs and so forth met from all around the country (as well as from other countries lol long story short), mostly in the east though and generally not south.

The pants I wear typically sag down past my feet though not in this case. I guess that's an attribute I should retain for this time of the year.
Old 3rd December 2010, 03:55 AM

It's allright can't complain. Weather here tends to be kinda erratic. Hot one day freezing the next. But for the most part its pretty nice.

What else?

Anyone hyped for the Holidays?
Can't wait for the break. I am going to sleep a lot.
#1: Squall Leonhart- Final Fantasy VIII (PS)
Simply put Squall, spends most of the game raining on everyone's parade. I, for one, found this to be quite amusing. The amusing aspects of his depressive nature appears early in the game when he is talking with his mentor/party member, Quistis. After her emotional plea that he "doesn't have to talk, just listen," Squall replies with the jaw-droppingly cold mega-burn, "Then talk to a wall" *leaves*. Squall, they just don't get any funnier than that.
Old 3rd December 2010, 05:02 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Yeah I don't know if it's global warming or whatever the stuff really is, but the weather flashes on both ends of the scale here as well. One time it snowed in June just before school started that day.

Bah, I have holiday thoughts, just not holiday spirit. They're all days of thought to me or getting candy or whatever lol but mostly thoughtfulness in one area or another, which I don't mind.
Old 3rd December 2010, 02:37 PM
Project Supporter

No no, not evolution. There are different traits in the human body which can change to make survival easier. (I'm not an evoloution guy ) Think of the different color between Africans and Americans. We both have that trait, they're just using it more.

Yeah, the weather here's been put on shuffle.
Old 3rd December 2010, 04:05 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

But then how do the traits change just by experiencing the need to adapt and survive to conditions in nature? You said your ancestry's history of living in northern Iowa was the reason your family overtime developed thick skin to adapt to the climate, which would imply some kind of fancy-ass evolution ideal or something. If that's not the case then how biologically does it happen?

lol it probably is globowl-wobowl then, affecting areas all over to make the weather inconstant.
Old 3rd December 2010, 04:06 PM
Project Supporter

A very fine thread, indeed!

Wednesday was absolutely brutal here, but things are shaping up.
You never know when we're on the brink of another flood, though . Constant vigilance!
Old 3rd December 2010, 04:16 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

*thread blushes at The Hero of Time's complement*

It was brutal there, too? I do take you quite literally when you say that. Seriously I felt a headache in my skull when I got indoors (and once again did I forget to mention my ears or what). Yeah just that one day two days ago (though not yesterday or today where it's moderately sunny and dark green out) there was ice everywhere, bunch of people quick-toeing to get inside, puffing quite a bit of that white-looking air out--damn at least they were able to drive; I had to walk a quarter mile from and back.

I never got what floods were exactly, just tons of (quite literally I believe) lovely thunderstorms and rain most summer nights here, but at this point I'm guessing you mean like LOL 10 feet of snow melting idk I imagine that would be a flood.

Maybe we're relatively close or something. My current state of residence is Wisconsin. And no I wasn't born in this, geeky-ass, white-people state with all those nerdy churches surrounding the city asking Mom if she believes god cares when people suffer and stuff like that.

Last edited by HatCat; 3rd December 2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 3rd December 2010, 04:22 PM
Project Supporter

I suppose my definition of brutal wouldn't compare to yours. Our weather went from being a smooth 50-60 F, when it just tanked to 20-25 F with 30-40 mph wind on Wednesday.
I was wearing a jacket that could have easily housed a family of four.

No ice, though, thankfully. I've got a pretty long walk to class that I have to make 4 times on Wednesday, and busting my ass on the sidewalk would have netted an instant poutfest.

Just saw the edit. I'm in Nashville, so you're probably in a much worse state than poor old me. That concludes my complaining for the day.

In regards to the floods, last year, it just rained like hell here for a while, and the school got wrecked, along with just about everything else in Nashville.
Google might be more informative; I don't really remember the specifics. It was in the spring, though.

Last edited by Hero; 3rd December 2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 3rd December 2010, 04:29 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Damn whenever it's windy out the wind is always blowing towards my face; I can't think of one counterexample in my life except when I make an end turn obviously and face a different direction. All I know is it was below freezing; sounds like it wasn't any better for you though.

LOL and that's quite a jacket. Man slipping and falling on ice wasn't that scary to me compared to 25 minutes of just walking against the wind, but at least you had more resistance than that of a family-of-four umbrella.

These days and right now I just wear this black leather jacket, it's kinda meh, doesn't really resist cold temperatures as good as the dark green coat I had but looks cool lol at least once I made it inside T_T.

[edit] Mmmm Nashville isn't that one of those provinces of Korea or something no jk, I guess that's closer than wherever the hell natnatertatertot's reporting from (thank God for that). Yep wow we never had a flood that bad, some that were pretty worrying but nothing like, can't open the doors to get out of school without drowning or anything.

Last edited by HatCat; 3rd December 2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 3rd December 2010, 04:42 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by natnatertatertot View Post
Yeah, the weather here's been put on shuffle.
Lawlz

I would very much like to know where this is going on. Aside from the obvious molestation purposes, your weather habits are intriguing.

Yeah, floods are a whopping ZERO fun. Luckily for me, I had quite a few pairs of jeans that were too short. Joke's on you, mother nature.
Are you expecting any snow sometime soon? How much do you need to get classes canceled?