Old 29th January 2016, 11:42 AM
Project Supporter

Location: Canada; a place with free universal healthcare and f*ckload of oil and Uranium.
Question Building Project 64

Hi everybody! I recently downloaded Visual Studios 2015 so I could build a version of Project 64 with the latest commits, however I can't seem to figure it out. As of right now I can build the executable, but not only do I think I'm doing it wrong, I can't seem to see the changes recently made on GitHub (64DD support, among other things) implemented in the build I made. Could somebody give more thorough instructions than on the wiki, and tell me how to properly build the latest Glide64forPJ64, RSP, and Project 64 versions on GitHub and then how to put it together?
Old 29th January 2016, 11:36 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Use Visual Studio 2013 instead. It works better.

EDIT: Oh wait, you did build it.
64DD support requires 64DD IPL. Open a *.ndd file, and if it doesn't know where is 64DD IPL ROM, it will ask you for one and where to find it. It will save the path for next time so it doesn't ask you again (unless it doesn't find it anymore).

Last edited by LuigiBlood; 29th January 2016 at 11:39 PM.
Old 30th January 2016, 03:13 AM
Project Supporter

Location: Canada; a place with free universal healthcare and f*ckload of oil and Uranium.

Okay... So I actually did properly build it? Okay, but shouldn't there be something included in the user interface mentioning the 64DD (like a 64DD ROM Directory)? I have had the IPL and all the legitimate non-workaround dumps (I'm looking at you Dezaemon 3D/DD/3DD concoction) with their MD5 checksums matched to the documented hashes for a few months. Are you sure all I do is open up the project's .sln file and build it (after configuring the build type)?

Edit:
What the f*ck am I saying. Of course THE LuigiBlood knows what the hell he is talking about.

PS:
Red Wine mixed with Sunny D mixed with Coca Cola, is f*cking AMAZING!

Last edited by OldGnashburg; 30th January 2016 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Squidward diddled SpongeBob in is most absorbent spot.
Old 30th January 2016, 03:01 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

64DD games aren't listed on the ROM Browser yet.
About Dezaemon 3D Expansions, forget it for now. Development disks aren't supported yet.

To run a game with a disk loaded though, right click a game on the ROM Browser, there should be "Play Game with Disk".
Old 5th February 2016, 06:16 AM
Project Supporter

Hey, this took a little while, but can anybody tell my how I can properly build GLideN64? I figure you would know since I've seen you around GLideN64's GitHub site.
Old 5th February 2016, 07:13 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGnashburg View Post
Hey, this took a little while, but can anybody tell my how I can properly build GLideN64? I figure you would know since I've seen you around GLideN64's GitHub site.
Sorry but I never managed to compile it.
Old 5th February 2016, 07:52 PM

GlideN64 is a PITA to build for project64 unless you download 100 Teras of QT crap, ask Gonetz for a precompiled lib compatible with your compiler suite of the GLideNUI.lib instead, I stopped long ago messing with its source since it updated/changed this lib and force me to compile it again from scratch...

Last edited by Marcelo_20xx; 5th February 2016 at 07:55 PM.