Old 1st June 2015, 01:44 AM

Default Weird Texture Issues

I have weird textures issues on about every game i play, and its most evident on Pokemon statium 2 (see attachment) is the best i could get it after playing around with the texture settings from Rice's plugin
here are the settings (see Attachment) to get the first pic
anyone have any idea how to fix this? Common problems are jumping textures and miss placed textures, tearing textures and just weird texture based problems.

UPDATE: cant share a damn pic to show the issues or settings, and cant share a damn imagur link, why?? and how can i share the two pictures i need to?

Last edited by RennyMisaki; 1st June 2015 at 01:47 AM.
Old 1st June 2015, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RennyMisaki View Post
I have weird textures issues on about every game i play, and its most evident on Pokemon statium 2 (see attachment) is the best i could get it after playing around with the texture settings from Rice's plugin
here are the settings (see Attachment) to get the first pic
anyone have any idea how to fix this? Common problems are jumping textures and miss placed textures, tearing textures and just weird texture based problems.

UPDATE: cant share a damn pic to show the issues or settings, and cant share a damn imagur link, why?? and how can i share the two pictures i need to?
Why are you using the Rice plugin instead of Glide64, which is included with PJ64 nowdays?
Old 1st June 2015, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambient_Malice View Post
Why are you using the Rice plugin instead of Glide64, which is included with PJ64 nowdays?
i was having other texture issues where shadows and textures sitting ontop of other textures were not showing up, so im using it to change to texture view depth and it was recomended by other users to fix the problem
Old 1st June 2015, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RennyMisaki View Post
i was having other texture issues where shadows and textures sitting ontop of other textures were not showing up, so im using it to change to texture view depth and it was recomended by other users to fix the problem
Was it specifically recommended over Glide64? I'm not familiar with the bug in question, but Rice tends to be a mediocre plugin all-round.
Old 1st June 2015, 04:16 PM

no clue, it may have been a recomendation from before Gliden 64
Old 1st June 2015, 06:38 PM

you mean GLideN64, and Glide64 Finale version is probably what your talking about.
Old 1st June 2015, 07:05 PM

I found the public release of GlideN64 and have no idea how to install this one, it has a bin folder and a scr folder and i have no idea where to drop them
Old 1st June 2015, 07:21 PM

Ignore the src folder, and copy all the contents of the bin folder to (if using PJ64 v2.x) the GFX folder. The GFX folder is in the plugin folder that sits alongside Project64.exe.

If using PJ64 v1.6 or earlier, then everything goes in the plugin folder that is in the same folder as the exe.

Then you need to select the graphics plugin from the settings menu to use it.
Old 1st June 2015, 07:54 PM

Thanks ill try
Old 1st June 2015, 07:58 PM

And now with the GlideN64 the entire game is just a black screen with the sounds