Old 6th April 2015, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank74 View Post
Not sure the reason why.
Never mind, I found the answer. Thanks anyway.

Quote:
Extractable with "innounp".
That's a nifty little program, it hadn't occurred to me to use something besides 7-zip. Using it surely beats the method I used. Thanks for that.

Quote:
Mempak handling has changed from Jabo's format to NRage. Cont_1 means control pad 1.
I had a feeling it was something like that. Good to know.

Quote:
Incomplete RDB, what games need the Jabo DSound sync setting? I currently use Azimer's 0.60 WIP2 with Dynamic Audio Sync enabled in the plugin. Sync game to audio off in PJ64. Audio HLE on.

I've edited Azimer 0.60 with Dynamic Audio Sync enabled by default. Here is my edited version. Good for GoldenEye.
I don't know which games if any need it, since I haven't tested many games yet. I will try more games and plugins when I have the chance. Thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Because people have the mentality that less plugins = better. Obviously if you play a variety of games, chances are, you'll need more plugins in order to get the best experience.
Yup. Personally, I think it's best to only include what is needed on an individual basis. I don't like adding plugins that I'll only use on a single game unless I love that game and want only the best experience. If it's a so-so game I will try to get the best experience I can out of a minimal plugin setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Patching the emulator wouldn't even make sense. It just reads from a config file which you can edit and choose whatever settings you like. As for why it's not on by default, it's because it's not perfect. Some of it depends on your hardware, but there are games that cannot run at 60 VI/s with the setting on. Quest64 is a good example. Generally though, if a game cannot run 60 VI/s because of audio sync being enabled, then you're using the wrong plugin .
Thanks for the info, that makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
It just gets compiled for the release, but to compile the release requires having the source to it which was not available for the older plugins which were closed-source. So it doesn't come with those other plugins.
Yep, that's what I suspected. It's a shame Jabo hasn't open-sourced his plugins. Oh well. But it sure would be nice if other plugins could fix issues not present in Jabo's plugins by having access to the source. The WinBack gray square issue for example is not present only in Jabo's D3D 1.5.2 plugin AFAIK. It would be nice to be able to play that game without having to switch plugins all the time. Thanks for your answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambient_Malice View Post
The plugins are missing because they're outdated, incompatible, or not properly portable. Portability is why 1.7 Jabo plugins are used instead of 1.6.1, despite 1.6.1 being newer. Jabo's input is redundant and lacks features. Using old RSP files is pointless. No sound is useful only for debugging. Zilmar's audio is (mostly) redundant. Plugin bloat is bad, IMO.
I see, but just because something is outdated, doesn't mean it's without purpose. For example, Jabo's D3D6 1.5.2 is the only plugin AFAIK that makes WinBack (one of my favorites) tolerable by eliminating the gray square. It does however have the drawback of the lasers not being visible among other issues, but you can see what I mean. I always used Jabo's input in the past mainly because it was the default and I had no issues with it; if it's redundant so be it, I'll just stick to what's there unless I have issues with it. I don't use old RSP for anything but sometimes the No Sound so I can play my music library while gaming, but it would be just as simple to mute the audio in the plugin config and do away with No Sound. I never really used Zilmar's audio for anything but experimentation anyway. And yes, I agree about the plugin bloat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambient_Malice View Post
Jabo's Sync setting indeed cures a number of games. It also causes problems in other games. But I intend to enabled it by default for all games that benefit.
I understand, and that would be appreciated. Thanks for your reply.
My system specs: HP dv5t 1200se Notebook PC, Intel Core2Duo 2.4GHz, 8GB DDR2 RAM, Quanta Motherboard, 320 GB Western Digital Blue hard drive, Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family Graphics, IDT HD Audio CODEC, Broadcom 802.11 B/G Wireless LAN, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64-bit) operating system
Old 6th April 2015, 05:22 AM

You make an excellent point about Winback & Jabo's old plugin. I guess the hope is that GLideN64 will fix that irky little bug.
Old 6th April 2015, 06:42 AM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naimadekar View Post
I have BSOD when run any game with this PJ64 v2.2.0.3, try other plugins but have same BSOD screen, Only can fix this when use compatibility mode Windows 7, but my OS is "windows 7x64sp1 ultimate."

I have same BSOD problems in two different PCs, same os and cpu, but other gfx cards. one have 760g Amd, and other Amd 4850HD

PJ64 1.7.0.49v work fine!

I leave my main PC dxdiag txt info in attachments, maybe can fix this in next versions. regards
DxDiag says that your video drivers are from 2009, so probably are totally outdated, try to update them using this: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
Old 6th April 2015, 06:35 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naimadekar View Post
I have BSOD when run any game with this PJ64 v2.2.0.3, try other plugins but have same BSOD screen, Only can fix this when use compatibility mode Windows 7, but my OS is "windows 7x64sp1 ultimate."

I have same BSOD problems in two different PCs, same os and cpu, but other gfx cards. one have 760g Amd, and other Amd 4850HD

PJ64 1.7.0.49v work fine!

I leave my main PC dxdiag txt info in attachments, maybe can fix this in next versions. regards
It's a old issue, you need install windows updates to fix this.
Old 7th April 2015, 02:30 AM

What about Gauntlet Legends... could anybody have repaired the flicker and the status bar?
Old 7th April 2015, 02:43 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I answered your question already the last time you asked that. It could be controlled by the graphics plugin but not by Project64.
Old 12th April 2015, 09:28 AM

Any specific game fixes with this release? Any regressions? What about the RDB? Do we need to change default settings for each and every game again, like with 2.1?
Old 12th April 2015, 11:00 AM
Project Supporter

There have been a lot of RDB changes to make sure this doesn't have to be done individually anymore, so no you probably don't need to switch around all that much anymore
Old 15th April 2015, 06:58 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I can't seem to get the community texture pack for zelda to load with gliden64. But it works on 1.6 and 1.7. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: nevermind. had to manually point to the location. thought it did that by default.

Last edited by shinra358; 15th April 2015 at 08:50 PM.
Old 16th April 2015, 02:17 AM

How does 2.2 perform compared to 2.1?
I recall 2.1 fixing some graphical issues but at the same time lowering the framerate on some games (fighter's destiny 2 being an example) to the point where I just kept using 1.6