Old 8th February 2015, 10:04 PM
Project Supporter

Location: Canada; a place with free universal healthcare and f*ckload of oil and Uranium.

Can't we just ban Smasher and aasmith? Really, even a simple moron such as myself can figure out how install Project 64 2.X without installing the other crap that comes with it.
Old 9th February 2015, 12:53 AM
Project Supporter

I like how he was somewhat bearable for a short while while he was hoping to leech off of new progress and now that that fell flat due to his ineptitude he's back to show his true color lol
Old 9th February 2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
Keep your ineptitude to yourself, loser.

There's no such thing as "2.x Github", "2.x Google", "2.x Microsoft"; what website the source code is hosted on has nothing to do with the build. It's your own fault for not properly installing the RDB file, which is exactly how we were able to reproduce your SSB & GoldenEye speed sink complaints.
How 2 pop her knee in stall RDB?
Old 9th February 2015, 07:20 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Of course. You don't believe it even, right?

Well take your chance to prove all of us wrong...what do your RDB settings for Super Smash Bros. look like? You know that game where you said it sinks to like 1 VI/s even slower after the start of ROM...I'm 95% sure of what your screenshot's gonna look like if you'd bother sharing.
Old 9th February 2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
Of course. You don't believe it even, right?

Well take your chance to prove all of us wrong...what do your RDB settings for Super Smash Bros. look like? You know that game where you said it sinks to like 1 VI/s even slower after the start of ROM...I'm 95% sure of what your screenshot's gonna look like if you'd bother sharing.

Old 9th February 2015, 09:10 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

It's alright. You don't want to be serious; I get that sometimes.
Old 9th February 2015, 09:11 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Lol at the gif. Funny how my PJ64 says 2.1 and yours says 2.0 . Also HatCat was right that you didn't have the best settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= Smasherx74 =X= View Post
how about you try syncing emulation over kaillera for me then since you think you know so much. It's not easy in any way shape or form, the only slightly easy part about anything is actually loading kailleraclient but all that is c/p rewrit from other sources like MAME or suprac. Doing what PJ64k does, is simply a bit too much for the regular joe to accomplish.
I'm not a regular joe. The main issue is not Kaillera. The problem is the emulator. People just blame kaillera out of ignorance. PJ64k is bad and should never be used for online play. The ONLY good thing PJ64k has, is the ability to sync cheats and toggle them on and off during a match. At the same time, it doesn't even support activator codes...
Quote:
And people use PJ64k because it is simply the fastest emulator for kaillera, in terms of starting emulation online
NOPE
Quote:
and due to Project64 being the most popular n64 emulator of course PJ64k would be, and would stay so, for the games it is used for. Plenty of people use Mupen64++ for other games like Mario party and goldeneye too, but most just use smash bros for SSB64 and Mk64.
It's called bandwagon hopping dude. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's the best.
Quote:
What isn't used however is 1964, and that is because it simply does not work without knowing how to configure it to properly sync certain games. There is no games 1964 is used for emulating on kaillera. Simply due to the fact AQZ exists and makes nearly all games playable in sync with others. And P2P with mupen64++ can manage to sync DK64 so there is absolutely no reason to use 1964 lol.
The reason 1964 is not used is because people don't know better. It's complete ignorance! Not only is 1964 the fastest modern N64 emulator, but has the best Kaillera implementation.

Since you want to talk about popularity, tell me why people still use Jabo 1.6 and Azimer's Audio 0.30 for SSB in Kaillera?

Tell me why people thought gameshark codes were required (to unlock all characters), when they could have just used Mupen64++ (which automatically syncs saves).
Quote:
You can keep arguing 1964 is better but you'll still be wrong, almost in every way.
I'll continue having fun using the best setup for netplay. There's only 1 flaw with 1964 for netplay (when comparing with PJ64k and Mupen64++), and the fact that you have yet to mention it proves how unaware you are.
Old 9th February 2015, 11:00 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Lol at the gif. Funny how my PJ64 says 2.1 and yours says 2.0 .
Wat, I thought all the 2.1 said 2.0 D: (mine does and I KNOW it is 2.1)
Old 9th February 2015, 11:10 PM
Project Supporter

It has been fixed in the git repo, they are calling him out because he allegedly compiled a version of PJ64 that had massive perfomance impact but no one can reproduce (me neither btw I just tried) and now he posts a comparison of something he set up wrongly himself which isn't even one of the recent git versions as it still has the old version string in the title bar

Last edited by V1del; 9th February 2015 at 11:20 PM.
Old 9th February 2015, 11:14 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeDude2 View Post
Wat, I thought all the 2.1 said 2.0 D: (mine does and I KNOW it is 2.1)
zilmar updated the source to read the version from the resouce file, instead of having to manually change the version number in multiple files. I was just poking fun @ him not using the latest source.

Save states seem more stable now, so I'm certainly happy + the recent game fixes are nice too .