Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 15th April 2013, 07:28 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

That's alright; I appreciate the help. You've already helped me catch one.

Resident Evil 2 is just one of the weirdest-ass softwares. I'm just glad I don't have to spend days contending with bugs regarding it.

I am confused about a couple of things though, though they are unrelated to RSP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanyuan View Post
I think you are missing 1964Audio, without it you can't have the correct audio.
How did you get 1964Audio to work?

I thought it would never initialize on any N64 emulators except 1964.
I can use 1964 Audio Plugin on 1964, but it always fails to initialize on Project64 or Mupen64.

My 1964Aud.dll is 4,495,360 bytes; maybe it is out-of-date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanyuan View Post
And my guess is wrong, I forgot I have the all the dialog voices at 1964 with Zilmar's RSP 1.7,
Other question I have , does this imply you can use RSP 1.7.0.9 with 1964? Was that some feature you added to your 1.7 RSP wrapper to get it to work with other emulators or just something else I'm missing

But, yeah.
Those AI update and VI refresh rate count things in the PJ64 RDB just need some sort of setting to get voices working in RE2 if I remember correctly.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 15th April 2013, 09:16 PM
Pau Pau is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13
Default

okaygo would never join these money whores calling them self mupen64plus developers. But I have proof that you are talking to them. The start of the discussion can even be found on the public mailing list https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...us/iY_bWPYkZl4

You are the receiver of this mail, you are in contact with the devil
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 15th April 2013, 09:18 PM
Pau Pau is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13
Default

I have proof. Just look at the mupen64plus mailing list. The PJ64 admins just don't allow to link it here
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 15th April 2013, 10:12 PM
shunyuan's Avatar
shunyuan shunyuan is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
I thought it would never initialize on any N64 emulators except 1964.
I can use 1964 Audio Plugin on 1964, but it always fails to initialize on Project64 or Mupen64.
Very similar to 1964 can't initialize the RSP LLE plugin but different ways, and both other emulators and 1964Audio need to modify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
Other question I have , does this imply you can use RSP 1.7.0.9 with 1964? Was that some feature you added to your 1.7 RSP wrapper to get it to work with other emulators or just something else I'm missing
RSP 1.7.0.9 (spec-1.1) should be no problem with 1964 and other emulators.

RspWrapper should work too, but without configuration UI.

Last edited by shunyuan; 15th April 2013 at 10:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 15th April 2013, 10:18 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

Yes they do allow the link; it's just that your account is too new so any links get automatically blocked.

Allow me to post it for you:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...us/iY_bWPYkZl4

That's the link you sent me in the PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau View Post
I have proof. Just look at the mupen64plus mailing list. The PJ64 admins just don't allow to link it here
Look kid, obviously, you don't have to believe me when I say this, but I honest-to-God don't know what the fuck that site is, or how Google Groups works.

I only created a Google account because it was required when okaygo kept peer-pressuring me to forget about the Win32 mupen64++ stuff when he was migrating to Mupen64Plus.
Posting on his forum must have somehow automatically subscribed me to, something?

But, you link me to this public page, of a public message, that anyone can read,

What makes you think it's directed to me?
I never even fucking knew about that message until you linked me.

I also closed my Google account years ago, but I might have re-opened it somehow, I forget, so I can't even answer that post there anyway.


So, just because mudlord knew about some alternate name I used, and used it in mupen64plus dev discussions, and referred people to that name in an attempt to contact me, ??? automatically means that I know anything about these "mupen64plus sellouts" you keep talking about?

Think again.
The only thing I know about mupen64plus is that it's based off mupen64 and a bunch of people work on it.
You think it's bad? Fine, you know more about it then I do I guess.
I have never talked to them before, your proof failed, bye bye.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 15th April 2013, 10:38 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanyuan View Post
Very similar to 1964 can't initialize the RSP LLE plugin but different ways, and both other emulators and 1964Audio need to modify.
That was the other thing.

I was going to be surprised, if you managed to get my RSP plugin to initialize on 1964....


While I did not deliberately break the ability to use my RSP plugin on 1964, I did not go out of my way to fix it either.
I blame 1964 for assuming the DllConfig method under the Rsp #1.1 specifications like no other emulator does. As strictly specified by zilmar the function is optional and only necessary for plugins having a configuration interface of some kind, which my plugin doesn't.

I could put in an empty DllConfig if it makes everyone happy...but I really think it should just get fixed on 1964's end.
Maybe uhh, what's his name, pokefan999 can fix the issue in his 1964 mods
That way my RSP plugin can only run on his versions of 1964.


In the meantime, to those who really wish to use my RSP plugin on 1964:
  • You can use the undocumented debugger, `rsp_dbg.dll`, where I did put a DllConfig in (used to trigger the debugger functions of the plugin, you might have to click it at the very start of emulation so that it isn't slow as mole asses).
  • You can compile the plugin yourself with an empty DllConfig dllexport in the plugin; it will instantly behave when loading on 1964.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 15th April 2013, 11:13 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau View Post
I want to sent you a pull request with some fixes but can't find you on github/gitorious/googlecode/bitbucket/sourceforge
I'm on GitHub. Name is c x d 4 .

You fixed some things on the RSP?
^^^

You know what?

This is probably why mudlord learned where my repository is, and blabbered my work to mupen64plus devs?

Because you made me pinpoint you kindly to where my repository is out in the open.

I specifically told him that I'm very nervous about my work.
I would never have publicly linked to it.
But, since you said you wanted to commit some fixes, I trusted you with the name, and now mudlord knows about it.

I blame both of your lies for this.

But, I'm happy for the portability in my plugin.
and that Linux devs didn't need to go through too much trouble to get my plugin working, which is public domain and they can do whatever

Now, back to work I go.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 16th April 2013, 06:04 AM
Pau Pau is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13
Default

You lie again. The message was directed to you. Everybody can look at the receipents and see your mail address *****removed**** as the only receipent

Last edited by zilmar; 18th April 2013 at 03:28 AM. Reason: remove email
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 16th April 2013, 02:51 PM
shunyuan's Avatar
shunyuan shunyuan is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau View Post
You lie again. The message was directed to you. Everybody can look at the receipents and see your mail address *****removed**** as the only receipent
You have made your point, stop post similar messages to this thread, it is annoying.

Or you can create your own thread, if you still have other words to say.


Thanks.

Last edited by zilmar; 18th April 2013 at 03:29 AM. Reason: email removed
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 16th April 2013, 03:11 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

Simple reason why pokefan999 doesn't make a new thread: He doesn't have a point to make.

a) I don't see an e-mail address anywhere on that page (maybe he can for whatever reason; I don't care if he can screen it)

b) I didn't get an e-mail regarding this (though I didn't check my junk mail folder)

c) He knows perfectly well that me being added to somebody's mailing list, is not proof that I have ever associated with the people who added me.

d) He tried looking at my RSP source but knows he is incapable of doing anything to contribute to it, so he has to come up with some sort of lie and obviously false accusation to hide his insecurity and the fact that he is an inferior coder.

e) "I saw this person's e-mail on an alien website; therefore he must be in cahoose with the aliens"
lulz

He's just trying to be a comedian; cut the ass some slack.

It is however perfectly natural of liars to accuse other people of their weaknesses.
So my RSP plugin is still perfect otherwise I guess if no other posts are being made?

Last edited by HatCat; 16th April 2013 at 03:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.