Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 21st May 2011, 01:02 AM
Project Supporter

I suppose that profanity (which, in your case, does seem to be infinite indeed) might be measured in…nautical miles? He is probably simply glad that the site moderator(s) [at least seemingly] don't mind (and perhaps use a lot of) profanity himself/herself/themselves. As for the ban, if you wish to propose that, that is your choice, not mine. I don't have any control over that because I am not a moderator and I can only influence, not control, your decisions.

I love Daisy!
Old 21st May 2011, 01:06 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Yeah, that sounds good.

Also, your lack of humor or any sensitivity you might have to mine is your decision, not mine. I can't control it either.

Anyway, what were you trying to discuss here again? Isn't this the forum for suggestions to the 1.7 emulator?
Old 21st May 2011, 01:15 AM
Project Supporter

Maybe she wants logix inserted into PJ64?
Old 21st May 2011, 01:19 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Who said it's a she? The trans-gender stuff is pretty common with forum profiles.

Well, the original question was sort of relevant, and I agreed with it, about the obscurity in the text on the official site about making the project a reality.

But, later this thread just transposed to a biased understanding of "real" or "reality". Which has nothing to do with the emulator. It's the person's individual recognition of a context of "real"; nowhere in Merriam-Webster dictionary is it said that there is only one way to define a word.
Old 21st May 2011, 01:20 AM
Project Supporter

This life we live is actually a simulation run by the government of the reality that stuck us in here. It's just population control.

Oh, and they're in a simulation as well.
Old 21st May 2011, 01:22 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Man, I'm not involving myself in discussions like that.

I was just making rhetorical fun of the logic put in the thread later on by being an ass on purpose--not really being serious. I'm not going to take part in any linguistic religious discussion on a forum where it doesn't belong.
Old 21st May 2011, 01:38 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Ah, and to clarify, "imaginary" doesn't mean it's not real. That's changing the question entirely. An imaginary number is one of the types of unreal numbers. They are conceptual entities used to symbolize numbers, but they aren't really numbers. See, you're not using the definition of real throughout the entire thread, you're using a definition of real throughout the entire thread. That doesn't mean it's the only one.

Unreal numbers (for example, complex or pure imaginary numbers in terms of the imaginary number unit) are real in the context of existing, but the part "numbers" in reference is what's unreal because they don't comply to the definition of a number. You're basically changing the question each time there is a retort.
Old 21st May 2011, 03:00 AM
Project Supporter

If one is to state [perhaps indirectly] that the world (and perhaps the universe as a whole) is a fractal of simulations, then is anything real (since common logic treats simulation as not real)? Granted, existence can be treated in the other way. Because nothing is too difficult for God, what common logic calls the "unreal," He can make "real" and what it calls the "nonexistent," He can make "existent." I suppose though that both of those criteria share many objects (since common logic limits existence the world of nonfiction and reality to the tangible (physical as opposed to virtual) truth (Probably the best examples that I can think of for this are: 1. A family given name as opposed to a nickname and 2. One's biological family as opposed to his/her stepfamily)*

* tangible truth: True Christians consider objects in the Bible real and the events true (making them at least on exception to this), but I think that many (if not most) non Christians don't believe this. They believe that the Bible is a writing of fiction, as [at least] squall_leonhart believes.

I love Daisy!

Last edited by Wodd; 21st May 2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old 21st May 2011, 03:48 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

lol I like your avatar btw
Old 21st May 2011, 04:28 AM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
lol I like your avatar btw

perv.

heh. No, I think that a lot of non-Christians believe that Jesus may or may not have existed, they just think that he was another one of those false preachers. It also can seem like, with all we have today, that God doesn't really intervene anymore (although He does), which can also be caused by the fact that most people are looking at man-made objects (namely Television ) most of the time, instead of looking for miracles.