Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Suggestions

View Poll Results: DO you want Nintendo 64 DISK DRIVE files to be emulated in PROJECT 64?
yes 12 70.59%
no 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th September 2009, 08:07 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

PJ64 was done so the majority of popular games could be played.

since the DD is neither majority, nor really that popular, it doesn't really matter whether it is or isn't. As it is, Zilmar has no access to the hardware which is his preferred method of RE.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 20th September 2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Leonhart View Post
PJ64 was done so the majority of popular games could be played.

since the DD is neither majority, nor really that popular, it doesn't really matter whether it is or isn't. As it is, Zilmar has no access to the hardware which is his preferred method of RE.
Aha, so that is the situation... Well, I suppose that we should get all major commercial games running very well, then, first. If the time comes when it can be done, though, I know a few people desperate enough for DD support in PJ64 to pitch in some to help purchase a DD.

I must also admit that I was (at least partially) wrong about your shallowness. Flame wars bring out the worst in all of us. Let's have less of those, eh?

Last edited by Javaguru; 20th September 2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 20th September 2009, 06:01 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Of course, with a public issue, we don't want to measure the stability of a beta version. If zilmar were to follow-up, 1.7 never existed as far as the public can see. (Unless you count those weird files where all these people put teh cracks in the emu.) He could even have gone with his idea of publishing a stable release as version 2.0.

Now since he's done so much...between 1.6 and future, in part because of a new audience, I guess he quickly thought about all the problems that could happen in the meantime. A good deal of which, as pointed out, are within the binary, rather than in the scenes. In part I can understand this one, but still on a related note, he definitely has been adding new things and thus new issues (rarely enough ones that complement the old ones).
His tactics have always sucked imo. It's not just this, it's not just donations, they just don't think. Why the hell would he want Smiff back after all that lack of attention he gave him? His narrow definition of his team, he neglected.
Old 20th September 2009, 07:14 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

you need a holiday dude.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 25th September 2009, 10:44 PM

I say if the team is up to it let them emulate the DD as well and if not then these people shouldn't be complaining! It's a free emulator, you're not paying anything for it, so be glad with what you have! The team doesn't get any compensation for this other than the few donations they receive which doesn't even come close to paying for the cost of domain registration and server bills. It would be nice to be able to emulate the DD but it's not necessary.
Old 25th September 2009, 11:10 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

"Pay" is an intention. If your intent rests with nothing in return, your intention is not to pay.

Especially since donations were set up such that it's automatically assumed that you want your own beta account for testing and access to a bunch of experimental versions--and not just to donate from good will--they deserve to be suspected for encouraging pay.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:22 PM

Booring, someone lock this thread
Old 10th February 2010, 03:24 PM

awesome i love f zero but i never had $700 to buy the dd
can you tell me specifically tell me how to emulate dds
Old 12th April 2010, 04:21 PM
Project Supporter

Do I want the 64dd emulation added to pj64? of course.

Is it worth the effort of the team? That's up to the team.

Obviously, to convince them, in a scene that seems to be almost dead anyway, you would need better reasons than playing japanese expansion packs. How much do they improve the game really?

BTW *puts on flame retardant gear* -
Squall may not be the most suave poster on the forum, but he is entitled to his opinion and almost always has a point. I'm not taking sides, but end the flaming, seriously.
Old 25th April 2010, 06:42 AM

If than counts, i would also love the 64DD to be emulated (i believe the majority would). And F-Zero X is the best game ever made (for me) so being able to finally have the expansion is the one thing i wish the most, as far as future possible emulation projects are concerned. Maybe even more than proper Sega Model 3 emulation

Gee, i hope i won't be flamed for this post...