Old 21st May 2015, 02:16 AM

Default Installer bunding shopsave, and more

First off, I am not saying the creators of the installer had bad intentions, they just may not be aware that this is happening.

I'm writing to warn that the Project64 2.2 installer bundled with "Shopsave" also includes some other nasty stuff that could be very dangerous. I recently upgraded to 2.2 and noticed that my browser started crashing and a process called priceless.exe was doing a lot of reading and writing to my hard drives at the same time. I ran some malware scans and lo and behold I've got malware on my system for the first time in 10 years. In addition to shopsave my system also got infected with PriceLess which installed addons in every browser, installed system services, drivers, and I even found a couple different trojan downloaders running all dated the same date as my project64 install. All in all it took scans from 6 or 7 different antimalware utilities and some manual removal to get this cleaned up, so it cannot be simply uninstalled. I am not saying the creators of the installer had bad intentions, they just may not be aware that this is happening.
Old 31st May 2015, 12:54 AM

Bumping this to bring more visibility to this issue on this forum. People need to know it's not safe software anymore.
Old 31st May 2015, 03:03 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

yeah this is becoming ridiculous, zilmar should be ashamed
Old 31st May 2015, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsx_ View Post
yeah this is becoming ridiculous, zilmar should be ashamed
When Zilmar releases Project 64: The Phantom Adware, you will be ashamed of your words and deeds.