Old 30th June 2018, 08:52 PM

Default Multiple players

So my friend and I are trying to set it up to where we can both play something on the emulator together. The only problem is we're both trying to use ps4 controllers. This seems to be causing an issue with the emulator as it reads both players as using the exact same controller. Only one controller is usable even though we have two different ones plugged in. And that one controller makes choices for both players at the same time. Is this because we're both using ps4 controllers or is there something else going on? My theory is that we need to use one ps4 controller and one controller of a different type. Only we don't have a controller of a different type right now... Any advice?
Old 2nd August 2018, 04:49 AM

Default not just playstation controllers

I'm having the same problem, but I'm using 2 3rd party n64 controllers and 2 nintendo 64 controllers. All four have original n64 plugs, and are plugged up with usb adapters. Project64 recognizes all four upon modifying the controller plug in. After setting up controllers, load up Smash Bros. The character select screen is easy to access and a good comparison of how the controllers inputs compare, and sure enough the sticks have different sensitivities. The nintendo controllers were sluggish compared to the 3rd party ones. So I made the adjustments, and saved custom profiles for both types of controllers. Then upon loading starfox64 that's when everything got messed up and won't go back. Now my P2 adapter controls all four players. Every combination of activated controllers in Project64 settings, P2 adapter now controls them.
Old 2nd August 2018, 01:55 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

What plugin are you using and what are you settings?
Old 3rd August 2018, 02:00 AM

Default same

I'm having the same problem, wanting to get some nostalgia with some classics with my girlfriend but the controllers we ordered won't work together. We can play it on our separate computers just fine but multiplayer just isn't happening. Had the exact same issue with one controller registering all movement on both screens.

Tags
different controllers, multiplayer