Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 30th November 2010, 06:19 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Well I thought the OS was basically more-or-less like a frontend for interacting with the x86 CPU. Based on C / 3GL outline analysis, I'm not sure that I am underestimating what coefficient effect an OS has on CPU operations, so whatever it is that I'm failing to rule out that is the solution must be making me look like an idiot now. Haha I'll just ask Mr. zilmar about it when I do get the chance.

Oh in relativity to hardware today? That's for damn sure. Hmm, so you were thinking about the N64, running a virtual machine / emulator of a modern system these years. Differences matter more than the processing power I guess, seeing as even some of the latest video game consoles will have great difficulty emulating the SNES environment.

lol I totally understand XD after all I can't die without continuing an educational conversation first; if you most humbly withdraw for my sake I feel better
Old 30th November 2010, 06:25 AM

actually i must withdraw for my own sake. I must sleep. I have an exam tomorrow. It's 1 AM where I am.
I am by no means an expert on OS or even computers btw.(I hope to be in about 3-4 years tho!)
I just know what I've picked up from others, we have severall electrical and software engineers in the family.
#1: Squall Leonhart- Final Fantasy VIII (PS)
Simply put Squall, spends most of the game raining on everyone's parade. I, for one, found this to be quite amusing. The amusing aspects of his depressive nature appears early in the game when he is talking with his mentor/party member, Quistis. After her emotional plea that he "doesn't have to talk, just listen," Squall replies with the jaw-droppingly cold mega-burn, "Then talk to a wall" *leaves*. Squall, they just don't get any funnier than that.
Old 30th November 2010, 06:32 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Ah, 00:26 here.

Haha yeah I've went to class without 60 hours of sleep before, kinda heh vomitting sensation there.

Hey sounds fun, and yeah conversational learning contributes like magic I guess.

I like my class this semester, but SON OF A I am SICK of English teachers like this, so self-contradicting, ignorant, and sometimes even bass-ackwards about the desperate corrections they write on my papers, then the little positive feedback they want to give on the side. Some of the corrections they make are like so hypocritical...they talk like dumbasses and make mistakes in speech that they write about others making on written papers. The book is like, 100x more inspirational to me than these persons; note that I didn't say 1,000x as inspirational cause dumbassery can be quite effective. I suppose I kind of am getting a taste of my own medicine; I feel bad about the end results of being a bit too eccentric over proofreading weddings texts.

Last edited by HatCat; 30th November 2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 30th November 2010, 02:41 PM

I was messing around with the settings and noticed that turning antialiasing off also fixes the pictograph.
Old 30th November 2010, 09:35 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

FSAA [partially] disables copy framebuffer to RDRAM, but if it was previously enabled the image is preserved I think.