Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 5th December 2010, 07:34 PM
Green Giant's Avatar
Green Giant Green Giant is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7
Question Project 64 with Multiplayer feature?

A long time ago, when i download Project 64 from a site, it included a feature which would let me play online with other people. It was really fun. Now i want to play online again, but it seems like none of the versions we got here in pj64-emu.com got that feature. Did i play an modified Project 64 version (1.4)?
  #2  
Old 5th December 2010, 07:41 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

Yes you did that was probably Project64k, a hacked version of 1.4 source implementing support for playing online. It's good for playing random people online cause a majority of people use it, but it's bad because the performance and the stability are very low compared to newer and developer-implemented NetPlay support.
  #3  
Old 5th December 2010, 07:47 PM
Green Giant's Avatar
Green Giant Green Giant is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswedlow View Post
Yes you did that was probably Project64k, a hacked version of 1.4 source implementing support for playing online. It's good for playing random people online cause a majority of people use it, but it's bad because the performance and the stability are very low compared to newer and developer-implemented NetPlay support.
Ah, thats probably it. I can remember the name now. Thanks
  #4  
Old 5th December 2010, 07:54 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

Yep it should be pretty easy to find.
Official website for Project64k is http://pj64k.emulation64.com/.

There is also, in order to add support for NetPlay from earliest to newest, Nemu64, [Project64k] 1964, Mupen64k/++, and Project64 1.7 cause of this NetPlay input plugin that got released.
  #5  
Old 5th December 2010, 08:00 PM
Green Giant's Avatar
Green Giant Green Giant is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswedlow View Post
There is also, in order to add support for NetPlay from earliest to newest, Nemu64, [Project64k] 1964, Mupen64k/++, and Project64 1.7 cause of this NetPlay input plugin that got released.
NetPlay is going to be released for Project 1.7?
  #6  
Old 5th December 2010, 08:08 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

I meant that somebody else made a plugin for emulators, that specifically was designed to be stable with Project64 1.7. Internal support for NetPlay is still a long-term goal for the release though.
  #7  
Old 5th December 2010, 08:11 PM
Green Giant's Avatar
Green Giant Green Giant is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswedlow View Post
I meant that somebody else made a plugin for emulators, that specifically was designed to be stable with Project64 1.7. Internal support for NetPlay is still a long-term goal for the release though.
That sounds interesting. Can't wait till Project 1.7 will be released.

Im trying to play with Project64k but right when it is gonna start it crashes
  #8  
Old 5th December 2010, 08:13 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

It's probably the graphics plugin that Project64 1.4 uses, the incompatibility with the Z buffer code.

Try starting a game using a different graphics plugin. (Change plugins through Options > Settings....)

Do you have Vista?
  #9  
Old 5th December 2010, 08:18 PM
Green Giant's Avatar
Green Giant Green Giant is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswedlow View Post
It's probably the graphics plugin that Project64 1.4 uses, the incompatibility with the Z buffer code.

Try starting a game using a different graphics plugin. (Change plugins through Options > Settings....)

Do you have Vista?
Changing the graphics plugin didn't work. I got Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium.
  #10  
Old 5th December 2010, 08:19 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

Bad RDB or use of another graphics plugin with Z buffer code.

Or you were starting a game with NetPlay, which forces the old plugin to be used.
Does it crash when you use another graphics plugin offline instead of with NetPlay?

I guess Project64k doesn't come with any non-Jabo plugins, so all of them might use the feature and crash on newer hardware.
You can either delete JaboD3D7 or w/e it was named and copy Jabo_Direct3D8.dll, renaming it to the old file name, or Vista users sometimes use Project64kve instead.
 

Tags
netplay online project 64

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.